Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
google analystics app tracking
10-14-2013, 07:13 PM
RE: google analystics app tracking
(10-09-2013 06:36 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Thanks for your input, I will be turning it off again very soon, either making it opt in or deleting it. Just want one day of data from early adopters Smile Remember that I have not pushed this onto Google Play or anything, it's just an experiment to see if there's any useful information out there. Using the Git builds is for advanced users so hopefully they read the git log.

thanks for the response guys. I went over that thread and it does look like there is a strong slant toward including user tracking in the future. Might I suggest a default off option that also bugs the user about configuring whether they want to be tracked or not.

That way users are drawn into making an active decision on whether to opt in or not. That or continue to be bugged about it (because to do honest if you leave it as default off most users won't have an incentive to change it, if you leave the default to on that would be removing user agency which can make some uncomfortable).

could be a compromise solution if you are really hungry for this and more data later
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: google analystics app tracking - yuppydown00 - 10-14-2013 07:13 PM