The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
New way to report game and compatibility
08-25-2013, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 12:02 AM by cloud1250000.)
New way to report game and compatibility
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...1#pid63391

Been a while since I think about it... I don't think keeping a forum like this is the best way to let people know about compatibility and such things..

So here's my concept for a compatibility/report page.

(01-04-1970 06:44 PM)cloud1250000 Wrote:what about a custom site for compatibility list.. with option to open a thread on the forum when no thread is found.. The app could also retrieve current review for the game and return best configuration (from those who reported the game working and in which state it was working)
(12-31-1969 11:00 PM)cloud1250000 Wrote:But the point is to let other people report for us ahah .. like with the forum but with an easy to fill form... And then the website will automatically generate the game compatibility page with all the different report for each version of ppsspp... The website could also automatically create a discussion thread on the forum for those who'd like to.talk about the game or give more detail about the game's problem.

That way, it would be the most easiest way to give a nice compatibility list... To be sure about the validity of the report, ppsspp could provide a token when you first launch the.emulator. With a quick logging system, we could register all the games played be this specific token in a database. And then request the user to fill the token in the form to check if he really tried it.

The form could allow them to give a class to the game (perfect, playable, in-game...) , also let them commenting about why only playable... And of course, ask them to give information about the configuration used and the device used while testing

For more discussion, there will always be a thread on the forum. The thread will be named with the GameId and the playability state. That way, we can avoid problem about which was the game region Smile

So, I would like to get your opinion toward such a system Smile and I'm pretty sure there's many way and possibility to improve this concept.

Ps. I'm quoting myself from a private chat Wink

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New way to report game and compatibility - cloud1250000 - 08-25-2013 08:05 PM