Post Reply 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cars Race-o-Rama ULES01333
06-15-2018, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2018 03:26 PM by melancholy76.)
Post: #7
RE: Cars Race-o-Rama ULES01333
Hi guys!

It would be great if we could hear from someone replying to this thread who personally dumped the game ISO onto their computer and see if the problem's only limited to the ISO or just the way how the emulator handles things internally.

One very interesting thing I noted while emulating this game on Windows 7(64-bit), PPSSPP v1.1.1 (D3D9 I think I used) with AMD Radeon graphics card is that 90% of the screen was black with mostly HUD showing, the rest 10% showing the game graphics, the FPS dropped considerably and, depending on night or day races, the night race's skybox texture was pink for whatever reason.
Windows 10 PPSSPP v1.5.4, D3D11, NVidia GeForce 940MX, no such black box, FPS drops again with 70-73% decrease, however with the exception of the HUD, many of the textures for the ground, cars, scenery were fully black with few exceptions.

Screenshots of my test run

PPSSPP-RoRDEBUGCP1.JPG shows interesting stuff, example it shows 13 Pitch values (and sometimes Pitch 16??), whereas I'm not pressing every button and in the main menu it only shows Pitch 0 and Pitch 1 values for me on Windows 10 PPSSPP v1.5.4. Plus the slowest and most active 'syscall' are the same

Message from Debug Console
05:42:397 main_thread E[SCEDISP]: HLE\sceDisplay.cpp:862 80000104=sceDisplaySetFrameBuf(04000000, 480, 1, 1): invalid stride


new screesnshot with openGL, no FPS drop at all but black textures

Vulkan renderer crashes the entire Emulator after the loading screen

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 

Messages In This Thread
Cars Race-o-Rama ULES01333 - Tabman - 08-19-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Cars Race-o-Rama ULES01333 - Tabman - 08-26-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: Cars Race-o-Rama ULES01333 - vnctdj - 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM
RE: Cars Race-o-Rama ULES01333 - livisor - 03-18-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: Cars Race-o-Rama ULES01333 - melancholy76 - 06-15-2018 12:56 PM

Forum Jump: