Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite [USA]
08-14-2014, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2014 10:24 PM by deama.)
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite [USA]
(08-14-2014 03:03 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @deama you can read this example of mine how to convert simple cheat from CE to cw cheat.

I used aob scan in that linked post, since I tend to save it as a script for cheat tables, but you can also just check ppsspp log when the game first game loads(and before it get's spammedTongue). It will be in like 3rd line from the top looking alike:
Code:
11:54:278 MemMap.cpp:339 I[MM]: Memory system initialized. RAM at 000000000BCA0000 (mirror at 0 @ 0000000088770000, uncached @ 00000000C8770000)
In this example psp ram starts at 0xBCA0000, to that we have to add 0x800000 to get user memory start(where the game loads) in this example it would be 0xC4A0000, now you can find the address in cheat engine and cw_cheat_address = the_address_in_CE - user_memory_start.
So if address for the cheat in CE would be at let's say 0xD102710 with user memory start at 0xC4A0000, we would get:
cw cheat address = 0xD102710 - 0xC4A0000 = 0xC62710.
All of this will be different for you ofc, and likely you closed ppsspp already after finding your cheat address, so you'll have to find it again.
You can actually find a pointer to psp memory start which would work for all games, but ppsspp changes fast, so it's useless.

I made a small cheat table which should find a memory start by a single click thanks to aob scan script and has some stuff explained, including how to create similar one for other games, how to limit memory range used for searches to make them much quicker ect. pretty much some basics. Obviously I couldn't test it in US version, but it works in pretty much every MH game I tried, no wonder since this series works all on same engine and the core of it had very few changes ever.

Guess we spammed this thread a bit, but on the other hand someone could learn a bit about cheating, so it's not really an offtop.;3 Might be a bit confusing through since I suck at explaining stuff.

Ah, thanks for the CE file. I got another problem though... I can't seem to find the health skill value, I tried all search and still nothing (I used exact search). I even tried unknown search though on 1 byte (it's supposed to be 1 byte, right?). Or is it just some crazy unknown value that is actually 4 bytes!?
Yes, I have that mapped thing enabled.
I'm using 08800000 as the start and 1FFFFFFF as the end for memory scan options, that's right?

Well, I just managed to find the max HP value and make a CW cheat out of it, which works (it's identical to the max HP cw cheat found everywhere else) so this means that I just can't seem to figure out how to find the health skill value...

At any rate, I think increasing defense might be better; though I would like to use a multiplier; so how did you make a multiplier?
PS: In case the multiplier thing is too hard... is it possible to add to existing values instead of replacing them via cw cheats?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite [USA] - aki21 - 07-26-2013, 04:46 AM
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite [USA] - deama - 08-14-2014 05:18 PM