The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
android emulator capabilitys in general
01-03-2013, 08:18 PM
android emulator capabilitys in general
Considering the emulators we got now for android witch usually work on pretty outdated phones, and the PS2 ports that also work perfectly on older phones
I am curious as to what would be even in the slightest way possible with the newest most powerfull android phones, or phones that will be released this year

Is it possible for a PS2 or maybe even gamecube emulator to run on the phones of the near future? Even just as a proof of concept
The PS2 was pretty slow compared to the gamecube and xbox if i remember corectly, and current phones are becomming rediculously fast...

I wouldnt be surprised if wed see a proof of concept within the next 2 years for PS2
However im surprised that the DS emulators all run extremely slow still, even compared to the PPSSPP emulator, witch to me makes no sence if you compare the specs of the consoles

Anyway id like to know how someone who has experience with making emulators thinks about the possabilitys of android
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
android emulator capabilitys in general - batsman - 01-03-2013 08:18 PM