Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why PPSSPP runs fast on decent hardware meanwhile other PSP emus are slow?
07-01-2013, 07:22 AM
RE: Why PPSSPP runs fast on decent hardware meanwhile other PSP emus are slow?
(07-01-2013 12:17 AM)xZabuzax Wrote:  Geez Nezarn giving up so soon? i would have loved if DragonNeos responded me like that so i could get in fighting mode a bit. The only thing that stopped me from bashing java in this thread is because i don't want to bring a flamewar in here. But it seems that DragonNeos doesn't mind a bit of a fight, right?

(06-30-2013 06:55 PM)DragonNeos Wrote:  If you're going to give a response to his question, you should also explain why PCSP is also slow despite using the same programming language (C++) in a unbiased manner.

Since the other guys already gave you an answer i believe i don't have to respond to this anymore, but i'll add this bit, PCSP is not as optimized as PPSSPP. Once PCSP gets more optimized you can bet that it will be faster than jpcsp.

(06-30-2013 06:55 PM)DragonNeos Wrote:  I wanted Nezarn to give an answer since his response seemed like a typical wise-guy answer like "Since a program is coded in Java, it's obviously going to be slow..." If people are going to respond to questions like this, at least give evidence and details. A response like Nezarn's implies a lack of knowledge and may lead to others being misinformed about JPCSP/Java.

Again, i would have loved to respond to this but you already responded your own question...

--
(06-30-2013 06:55 PM)DragonNeos Wrote:  If you had said that Java is slower than other programming languages because it has to load its own virtual machine (forcing more memory usage), needs all class libraries to be loaded first unlike other languages, etc. such an answer would have sufficed.
--

(06-30-2013 06:55 PM)DragonNeos Wrote:  The way you phrase things makes it sound like any developer/programmer should never want to use Java or any other programming language and should just stick to using C or its variants.

It is a know fact that java is slow (specially for emulators), it's also a fact that jpcsp is slow because it's coded in java and PPSSPP already proved that a well optimized C/C++ will be faster than jpcsp any day.

If PPSSPP and jpcsp have the same compatibility what emu would you choose? the faster one or the slower one? yeah, that's what i thought.

That's java for you.
It seems clear to me that you are the one who wants to bring up stuff after everything has been said and done. However, you seem to be the type that cannot hold a neutral view when it comes to Java. You also say derogatory comments about Java in other threads but then say something like "I don't want to bash Java because I don't want to bring a flamewar in here." My post aims to inform (if you read Nezarn's posts before he deleted it) but you want to nitpick on points.

There are two points that you make I don't quite understand. While Nezarn and I were talking about Java's performance in general from a programming stance and general applications, you bring up the point of emulation which is not related to earlier posts. You also ask about my preference between emulators which is also not related to my previous statements.

There is no point in refuting with you because you will make a point and say "yeah, that's what i thought. That's java for you." As I have stated earlier, there was no intention to attack either C++ or Java but to inform and make statements in an unbiased manner. In relation to my last comment that you quoted, why do other programming languages even exist when you imply that C or its variants can get the job done in a quicker manner?

In a way, this thread should be closed based on the connotation of xZabuzax's post. To Moderators, feel free to close this if you feel it is necessary.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why PPSSPP runs fast on decent hardware meanwhile other PSP emus are slow? - DragonNeos - 07-01-2013 07:22 AM