The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Multi-player fighting games on PPSSPP
06-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Multi-player fighting games on PPSSPP
I would like to see a way to play multi-player fighting games in the same screen.
Both players would use a gamepad, or player 1 would use the keyboard and player 2 a gamepad.

There are lots of fighting games, for instance:
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger | Continuum Shift Extend
Tekken: Dark Resurrection | Tekken 6
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
Mortal Kombat: Unchained

I do not know if there are existing solutions for real hardware or if the PSP emulator present in PS3 has this feature.
PSP can be connected on a TV and it has a mini-USB port. Then if a controller could use the mini-USB port, I wonder if two players can play using the same TV and the same single PSP.

If no real solution exists, I have an idea.

The first step is the implementation of communication between two PPSSPP windows. VBA does it with GBA.
Of course, the Android version would use two Android devices, but the PC version needs a solution.

When someone want to play on PC with multi-player, they would start the game on the first PPSSPP window and go to the option that allows multiplayer without starting the communication.
Before the communication, the user press a key to save the state of first window and the second window would be open and would load the state. After this, they start a communication in both windows.
After the players choose the characters, they would press a key to hide the second window, disable the video and audio output of the second window and keep the controller inputs. Because two PPSSPP windows may be slow.
The fight would happen in the first window (and it can be full screen) while the second window would only have the CPU emulation with inputs and with dummy GPU.
To re-enable the second window, they only need to press that key again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Multi-player fighting games on PPSSPP - Squall - 06-26-2013 05:55 PM