The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Few Questions about PPSSPP and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
05-10-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 11:20 AM by Pablofajita.)
Few Questions about PPSSPP and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
New to PSP emulators, most recently I've been playing my old Monster Hunter Tri on Dolphin which oddly worked flawless, basically seemed like it was in HD compared to my Wii.

Anyhoo, after that I realized I wanted to go back and play MHFU but I couldn't do it on my PSP, not after playing Tri on my PC, I couldn't go back to the PSP.

So after some research I came across PPSSPP and JPCSP. I've tried them both and after some messing around, I found out PPSSPP just flat out runs better, looks better, and is simpler to use. Only negative was the lack of straight out gamepad key mapping that JPCSP.

Although he biggest issue, for me at least, is the lack of any sound. I'm weird like that, I enjoy playing games with sound, mostly for the feedback and partially because it keeps me actually focused and immersed.

Anyhoo, I did some more research as to the no sound in the game and that's where I got confused.

I tried reading those github(sp?) things, I tried scouring through forums of anything emulator related.

I'm just confused...

I've tried JPCSP and then installing SonicStage or w/e, and while you get music here and there for the most part there is no sound still. Even if the sound worked perfectly I don't think I could use that emulator do to how poorly it runs the game on my somewhat decent rig.

i5-3570k
EVGA 670 FTW
8GB @ 1600
Windows 7 Home Premium

So I'm back here and while I try to play through the no sound on PPSSPP I can't do it, maybe I have OCD but I just can't do it. And I just can't play it on my PSP either, again prolly OCD knowing I can play it on my PC and it looks 100x better and through tweaking I can actually use a Dual Shock and not have to "claw grip" the PSP for camera movement.

Anyhoo... If someone could maybe explain the sound issue in "layman's terms" for me, because I can't really follow the "technical" stuff, at least related to w/e.

From what I've gathered and this is just guessing from what I can make sense of, the sound doesn't work because whatever audio the PSP uses isn't available or hacked or w/e? I don't know I don't understand what that means or what not.

So sorry for all that, if anyone could give me a run down that would be great. Is this just an issue for me, is it something that might be "fixed", if so is this something that is months/years away?

Just curious, cause last few months I got this Monster Hunter addiction for some reason. And I'm at crossroads, I really want to play MHFU again but not on my PSP(obvious reasons), but if I can't do that then my addiction is trying to convince me to drop a few hundred dollars on a Wii U and MH3U. I'd have done that in a heartbeat if I didn't despise console gaming at this very moment and wasn't broke as hell.

Any info would be great, thanks for reading that rant Smile
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Few Questions about PPSSPP and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - Pablofajita - 05-10-2013 11:16 AM