The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"The Memory Stick may have changed. Would you like to keep using this Memory Stick?"
05-30-2023, 03:35 PM
"The Memory Stick may have changed. Would you like to keep using this Memory Stick?"
Hello, I'm a speedrunner of the PSP game Crush. I used to do all of my runs on PPSSPP back in November 2020, and it worked perfectly fine.

However, at some point between then and January 2021, whenever i complete a level, the game will give me a popup that says, "The Memory Stick may have changed. Would you like to continue using this Memory Stick?" and then you're given a yes/no answer prompt. Answering "No" Will bring you to another branch that says "Warning! Progress will not be saved. Do you wish to continue?" selecting yes will let you continue without saving, and pressing no will reset the branch back to the first message. If you select Yes at the first message, you'll be given a save prompt.

While the game is still fully playable, this affects the speedrun of the game, adding 6 and a half seconds to the end of basically every level, and i cannot find a way to get rid of the message. It's been driving me crazy, and I need to know if there's some solution to this that I don't know about this.

I have tried fiddling with every option in PPSSPP to get this message to stop appearing, but nothing worked. I even tried downloading the older version of PPSSPP that i did my old runs on, and that didn't even work. I tried installing PPSSPP on another computer and it still gave me the message, i asked some friends to try it on their computers and it still happened, I seriously don't know what to do at this point. I even asked the PPSSPP Discord, and they didn't know what to do, so as a last resort for answers I'm posting about it here.

If you have a way to fix this, or even an explanation as for why it may happen, please let me know.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
"The Memory Stick may have changed. Would you like to keep using this Memory Stick?" - stoic_rose - 05-30-2023 03:35 PM