The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MGS:Peace Walker. Can't detect diagonal input for right analog stick
10-14-2022, 04:58 AM
MGS:Peace Walker. Can't detect diagonal input for right analog stick
I finally got myself a new Dualshock 4 to play Peace Walker on my phone, as I've been playing it on the touchscreen controls after my older joystick died. I binded the controls nicely to resemble the MGS4 scheme. In Peace Walker's traditional control scheme, the X, O, square and triangle buttons controlled the camera on the PSP. I simply binded those buttons to my new wireless controller's 4 axis/directions of its right analog stick. X = Down. O = Right. △ = Up. □ = Left. Everything's well, except... PPSSPP can't interpret diagonal inputs for the life of it.

When controlling the camera and aiming, the camera can only mechanically go left or right, up or down, which makes it a pain in the ass to play specially during bosses and a terrible wonky experience overall that could easily be fixed. I messed around the app's Controls settings endlessly, but to no avail. There's no option that enables us to combine two different PSP inputs, such as pressing O and X at the same time to make the camera turn diagonally to the lower right, for example. Gestures are useless. There's no accessibility options AFAIK. Funnily enough, you *can* set up a right analog stick that you can bind to Peace Walker's camera controls and it reads them diagonally... Except it's only the optional touchscreen right stick, which can command the camera perfectly in 360 degrees, while the right analog stick in my actual physical controller that I bought just for my enjoyment and ease of life, can't create those inputs in PPSSPP's settings.

Below is a video where I demonstrate this. All of PSP's touchscreen buttons are visible, but I'm playing with a PS4 controller. Notice the X O △ □ buttons receiving input. That's actually me controlling the camera via my joystick's right analog stick, but sadly it only inputs one button at a time, even when I tilt the stick in a completely diagonal direction. When you see the digital right analog stick receiving input, that's actually me using the touchscreen right stick. Notice how it easily moves the camera diagonally without any trouble. Now, why can't I just bind my physical controller's right stick to this f*ng? The left analog stick has no problem being in complete sync with it's digital touchscreen counterpart, so it's ridiculous that we can't set this up. Take a look at the video, and please help me. What must I do to get Peace Walker's camera to move diagonally using my DS4's right stick? Not the digital touchscreen one, the real one.

https://streamable.com/vjpoad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
MGS:Peace Walker. Can't detect diagonal input for right analog stick - afysux - 10-14-2022 04:58 AM