Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alternative speed not working for me
07-01-2022, 09:45 PM
RE: Alternative speed not working for me
Alternate speed is not magic.

For example, if you run it on a weak device that cannot achieve better than 70 FPS, it will not allow going faster than 70 FPS. It just tells PPSSPP to go faster if your device can.

Try using the fast forward key (tab by default), and make sure you can actually go faster on your device. Even if you were convinced by marketing that your device is super amazing, it may not actually be. Most of the time, the limiting factor is graphics card or driver performance.

That said, another possible problem is graphics driver settings. On Windows, PPSSPP will try to render as many frames as possible during fast forward (or alternate speed, but limited to the speed you set.) Some graphics drivers have settings to force vsync, and if you have that enabled, it will stop PPSSPP in its tracks.

One solution is to enable Vsync in PPSSPP's settings instead, if you want vsync. PPSSPP will automatically disable it during fast forward. Alternatively, you can edit ppsspp.ini and look for "UnthrottlingMode =" (without quotes.) Change the value to SKIP_FLIP instead of CONTINUOUS, and that may help. This could make things more choppy especially on higher frame rate displays, though.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative speed not working for me - [Unknown] - 07-01-2022 09:45 PM