Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Tutorial] How to auto-backup your savegames using Dropbox. (Windows)
04-29-2013, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 01:18 AM by riley.)
RE: [Tutorial] How to auto-backup your savegames using Dropbox. (Windows)
If you're like me and go between Android and PC you can also sync between the Dropbox folder and Android with the free versions of apps like Dropsync and Foldersync which are available in the play store. Setup the PC from Nezarn's instructions above. Then on Android setup a folder pair between the save data folder in dropbox and on your device. The documentation for the app you chose should explain how. On my Android I sync the /psp/SAVEDATA/ folder from the internal memory.

I expect this only works for the actual in-game save data and not the emulator's save states, but I may be wrong. I only sync the SAVEDATA folder because it's less data anyway.

I've been playing Persona 3 Portable like this for a few days without issue.

I recommend making a save backup before trying in case something goes wrong. It's also worth noting that dropbox saves previus versions of a file. If you accidentally save over the wrong file in a game you can go into the directory in windows where the save is located, right click on the file, choose the dropbox menu, and then view previous versions to get it back.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] How to auto-backup your savegames using Dropbox. (Windows) - riley - 04-29-2013 01:06 AM