The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A new idea improved ad-hoc multiplayer
10-05-2020, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2020 02:37 PM by nadaking.)
A new idea improved ad-hoc multiplayer
Hello,

I was thinking about the following set up.

* 1 cloud sever running PPSSPP as the host
* Additional, local (to the cloud server) servers running clients.
* * As an alternative, this could be multiple containers on the same server
* Create a local ad-hoc network

===

Finally, each instance/server/container would run parsec to allow others to remotely control and interact with the client emulators.

Certainly the biggest concern would be input delay but this is mitigated greatly by parsec itself. You can find a lot of examples of recent work in the fighting game community using this solution to very satisfactory results with other games.

===

This would reduce the networking overhead to only that found between cloud instance=>parsec=>user's local machine. The actual ad-hoc communication would all be happening locally which would greatly improve the quality of communication.

I suspect my idea isn't full optimized and was curious if others had thoughts or ideas to improve it further. Even better would be a confirmation that this idea is strong and something that can be spun up by the development team to test.

Cheers,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A new idea improved ad-hoc multiplayer - nadaking - 10-05-2020 02:33 PM