Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
10-28-2020, 03:37 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 09/26/2020]
(10-10-2020 06:45 PM)BanhCanh Wrote:  
(10-10-2020 01:34 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  ...

I used it too, for quick test, but I like the command line better. Allow me to just start it and it split/merge alpha, waifu2xcaffe, esrgan, move around files with one command. It makes life easier imo. I'm a bit new to it but it's similar enough to Linux's terminal. You probably can make it so it auto-detect any change in a folder and automate the whole thing ?
I'd like to add that I believe the color of my upscaled textures are different from vanilla (if I remember correctly) so you might want to keep that in mind if you want to use it or do something similar! (feel free to do whatever you want with it btw)

So I know exactly what the issue is with the alpha channels. The model used (as well as many other models) tends to make the white in the images more light gray. This is also applied to the alpha channels, resulting in the non-transparent areas of the image becoming slightly transparent. Using waifu2x for the alpha channels, this doesn't happen, but the images don't always line up correctly, resulting in some transparent edges or white/black edges. Thankfully, Image Enhancement Utility (IEU) has an option for image postprocessing to make the image or the alpha channel pure white within a threshold, which would help a lot for the less complex alpha channels. Sadly, this doesn't work for just the alpha channel, only for the image alone or image and alpha channel combined. However, a similar operation exists in ImageMagick -white-threshold value{%} but I can't figure out how to use it to turn the alpha channel images in the results folder into pure black and pure white. Do you have any idea of how this would work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 09/26/2020] - TridentOfTheAbyss - 10-28-2020 03:37 PM