Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Yeaay I got it, Some UltraWide, SuperWide 21:9 32:9 Patches for Phone/Monitor
04-15-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: Yeaay I got it, Some UltraWide Patch for 21:9 Phone/Monitor
(04-15-2020 01:04 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  /Mooo
Personally I'm not into "ultra wide" at all, but saw you guys are dumping memory and searching through that with Cheat Engine which is slow as hell, so I say that you skip the dumping part and just search through PSP memory inside PPSSPP directly seeing changes in real time. You can use my cheat table from here to do that very easily:].

Just make sure you read the info from the post, or in short:
- you have to activate mem_mapped in CE settings,
- run win 10 bug workaround script before attaching to PPSSPP,
- run attach to PPSSPP script(prefferably running only 1 instance of PPSSPP),
- run the game inside PPSSPP if it wasn't already running,
- run PPSSPP scripts aob script,
- run limit scan range script.

That's it, you can now search through PSP memory, it takes longer to write/read the above than actually run it as it's literally just few clicks as my scripts are automating everything.
If you find an address that's enough to change to end with desired result you can change it, rename the cheat table entry and while it's highlighted just click on the square left to the "Select cheat entry and click on the square left from this text to convert address" to generate a CWCheat automatically.

You can also press that if the value changes back and then search in PPSSPP disassembly under address this shows you what code reads/writes to that memory and just change the game code instead of patching variables stored in memory.
Essentially it's always better and safer to patch the game code to do something instead of patching variables in memory and fighting against what the game code wants to do, but for that you'll have to learn mips assembly.

great info!

about the last part, do you mean patching the ISO file with a HEX editor program ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yeaay I got it, Some UltraWide Patch for 21:9 Phone/Monitor - Polivalente - 04-15-2020 12:43 PM