Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My vision about emulation
12-10-2018, 08:22 AM
RE: My vision about emulation
Even some retro systems aren't very supported by emulation. Admittedly they're less popular systems, but still...

Atari Jaguar - I wouldn't classify any of the existing emulators as anything other than beta. They don't run a bunch of games and the ones they do run often don't run well.

Coleco Adam - I know of one emulator for it and it's ancient. BlueMSX were supposed to add support for it at some point, but the entire BlueMSX team seems to have vanished.

X68000 - Big in Japan and had some great arcade ports. There are a couple semi-decent emulators, but they're in Japanese and not very full featured.

Vectrex - There's a couple emulators, but they're pretty bare bones.

Acorn Archimedes - There's a bunch of emulators for this system and they all pretty much suck. Some of them don't even seem to work, some crash when trying to run software. Of the ones that work, they have none of the usual features you expect, like save states or joystick support. Apparently only one model of the Archimedes had a joystick port and most games are played with the keyboard, so you'd think the authors would incorporate some kind of joy-to-key functionality, but they didn't. There's even a ridiculously expensive commercial emulator, but apparently they hard-coded floppy drive 0, the drive that all software expects to be booted from, to use an actual drive, because so many machines today come with 3.5" floppy drives..?

Even the Nintendo 64 emulators still have issues.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My vision about emulation - relu419 - 10-28-2018, 04:15 AM
RE: My vision about emulation - [Unknown] - 10-29-2018, 02:25 AM
RE: My vision about emulation - TkSilver - 10-29-2018, 05:45 AM
RE: My vision about emulation - Rekrul - 12-10-2018 08:22 AM