Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Games run slower all of a sudden
09-13-2018, 03:48 AM
RE: Games run slower all of a sudden
Very strange. I know there have been issues with some ATI cards.

Assuming you're using a recent PPSSPP build from here:
https://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Or the latest stable version - v1.6.3 (but the latest build may work better, actually...), then you'll see Vulkan in the graphics options under "Backend" if your video driver supports it. But that card is probably too old - you might try Direct3D 11 or Direct3D 9, though.

If there were no software updates, that's very strange. The only thing that I can possibly imagine causing it to change after being great for a while is - we keep track of what types of graphics the game uses, and try to "precache" some things to make it faster. Maybe this is somehow causing issues for you.

To explore that, check the "memstick" folder inside PPSSPP's folder, and PSP under that. If that doesn't exist, look for "PSP" under My Documents instead.

Inside PSP (which ever place you find it), there should be a "SYSTEM" folder, and then a "CACHE" folder inside that. Delete everything inside the CACHE folder while PPSSPP is closed, and then start it back up.

If this does help, that would be very interesting. I don't really expect it to, but it's the only thing I can think of that would change performance after playing through half a game.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games run slower all of a sudden - [Unknown] - 09-13-2018 03:48 AM