The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Games run slower all of a sudden
09-05-2018, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2018 02:46 PM by Cap'n Fultz.)
Games run slower all of a sudden
Hiya !
First of all, I apologize *if* this is a problem that has been talked about before, I didn't find more posts about this though. I'd appreciate being sent to the proper post for this if that's the case.

But now to the main problem:

I was playing Castlevania (Dracula X Chronicles, for the original games if that's any important) and beat about ~half the game without any problems whatsoever.
I then closed the emulator and went back to it later in the day where I noticed that the game is running at an incredibly slow speed without me changing any of the settings. I saw that my PPSSPP version was outdated and proceeded to download the newest version where everything seemed alright except for when I go to save rooms where the game still tends to run at an incredibly slow speed.

Again, I didn't change any of the settings. I later proceeded to mess around with Frameskip and a few more options ( all without being successful, unfortunately ).

I doubt that it had something to do with dust clogging up the fans of my Laptop since I was able to play it incredibly smoothly at the day it happened, until the emulator decided to, well, not run as smooth.

Also my Laptop isn't the strongest one due to its age ( ...2 gigs of ram...), but, sorry that I repeat myself, it was able to run everything smoothly so far.

Is this a problem that anyone here has experienced before and that someone has a solution to ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Games run slower all of a sudden - Cap'n Fultz - 09-05-2018 03:29 PM