Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gran Turismo PSP Emulation Issues
09-13-2018, 03:19 PM
RE: Gran Turismo PSP Emulation Issues
(09-13-2018 05:59 AM)TkSilver Wrote:  The PSP 3000 has the exact same Mips R4000 CPU, the same 4MiB of DRAM, and the same 166MHz clocked Graphics chip across all models. From the 2000 onwards there was an increase in RAM from 32MiB to 64MiB.

Sony put a hard cap on the CPU of 233 for all official software up until firmware 3.5 when they removed the cap and the full 333 could be used (probably a battery life decision which they changed when games started needing the extra power). GTA PSP is a firmware 5.5 title and on everything from my psp 1000 to my PSP go it runs at 333 in single player mode and 222 in multiplayer (as for why... probanly only sonu knows for sure). You can lower the clock speed in GT PSP on a real PSP and it will run.... just at a lower framerate (I think I remember it becoming unstable at 133 and lower though, but is has been a few years since I messed around with it that much).

Nope they had different hardware in fact you could just ask to sony they will tell you the same specs i said (since i asked them the diffrence in hardware betwen versions)
Gran turismo needs a lower cpu speed setting on ppsspp for unknown reasons (read before answering) is not a matter of personal choice is to get the game working and firmware 5.5 was old because games made exclusivelly for psp 3XXX used the firmware 6.X
This is an emulation site go to sony forums or hacklife forums if you want to talk about ruining your psp console.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gran Turismo PSP Emulation Issues - Tabris666 - 09-13-2018 03:19 PM