The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I setup a server like coldbird.net ?
10-15-2017, 06:50 PM
How can I setup a server like coldbird.net ?
Does anyone know how to host a server just like coldbird.net ?
I want to play MHFU with my girlfriend when we're not in the same city. I could use evolve, hamachi etc... to play with 2 emulators, but we both want to use our PSP (at least she wants to use her PSP, I still can play with an emulator if it is needed).
I tried everything I could to setup a server on my PC or Android : to put the device that hosts the server (be it PC or android) in DMZ in my router settings, to put her PSP in DMZ in her own router etc.. but nothing seems to be working.
We can both connect to coldbird.net via upnp with our PSPs or via dmz'ing our PSPs and we see eachother in guildhall but we cannot play a quest (we both ping something like 100ms on coldbird.net, so mhfu won't work...).
However if I setup a adhoc server on my PC, even if I DMZ it, I can see that she is connecting (Pseudo (MAC - IP) started playing ULES01213, requested information on 0 ULES01213 groups, and joined ULES01213 group MHP2Q0000) but when i try to connect with my PSP, it works (requested information on 1 ULES01213 groups), but we can't see eachother in guildhall : we both join GH01 but it's like there are 2 different GH01 : one where she is, and one where I am.

So here is the problem :

2 routers, 2 PSPs, no way to play online.

Can anyone help me on setting up a server on my PC, or Android, that we could join to ? I don't think it would works, but can a PSP connect to a Hamachi network hosted on a PC ? To me, hamachi links 2 PC and not 2 routers, so if a PC A and a PC B are linked via Hamachi, it would not help the PSP A link to the PSP B ...

I need you guys ! At least give me some ideas that I could try, because I don't have any left !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How can I setup a server like coldbird.net ? - Natha - 10-15-2017 06:50 PM