Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I can't save or load saved game
10-03-2017, 07:26 PM
RE: I can't save or load saved game
(10-02-2017 05:49 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  Were you using savestates?
Were you using cheats?

Try taking the save from the SAVEDATA folder (should probably be names ULES00636... but some psp games use a different naming system (just not many) and moving it somewhere else (like your desktop), then delete the folder in SAVEDATA and see if you can now make a save.

(01) I was not using savestates
(02) I never use cheats

I've tried what you suggested and deleted the saves from the SAVEDATA folder. When I try to make a new save to a brand new game, I'm still given the "Save Failed! Check memory stick and please try again" error. It did create a new SAVEDATA file though named ULES00636CM2007-1 ... so it's trying to do something but it's not working.

You got me thinking about SAVE STATES ... so I found this post here, I hope I'm linking it properly: https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php...0#pid89980
This post states that it's unwise to use the game save feature and to, basically, only use save states. I also found a post from you going into more depth: https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php...#pid128431

If I start using save states instead, my problem will be solved I believe.

I just started a new game, made myself head coach of some crap team in Belgium and saved through save state. I exited PPSSPP entirely, started the game up, started a new team in poland played for a couple in-game days (didn't save the poland team) and then clicked on LOAD for the save state for Belgium and it loaded the prior game I used the save state .... so, it definitely worked that time.

So, for now the game is saving through save state only and I thank you for your help! I was really frustrated, but this will suffice. At least the freaking game is saving now! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I can't save or load saved game - soccerdon1981 - 10-03-2017 07:26 PM