The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Patapon 1 input lag (I want errrradicate it)
07-16-2016, 10:09 AM
Patapon 1 input lag (I want errrradicate it)
Hi, all.

I am very saddened by the known "input lag" problem in Patapon game. While "Patapon 1" is playable, I can't keep "Fever" for long. Unfortunately, now I haven't a psp. But as far as remember keeping "fever" wasn't a problem on real psp.
I read posts about emulator settings and "patapon 1". But I was not able adjust ppsspp that "Patapon 1" works fine on PC.

I am trying to understand the reason of this lag and what emulator's particularities impact on timing in "Patapon 1". Is this "input lag", or may be "sound lag" or may be something other? And I am asking for help.

First, I was trying to analyse the logs of emulator while playing the "Patapon 1". I was trying to understand how long does it take from the passing key event to handling key inside game. I compare the times of calling EmuScreen::pspKey, sceCtrlReadBufferPositive, CtrlUpdateLatch. I see about 10-50 milliseconds between EmuScreen::pspKey and CtrlUpdateLatch. But I don't know: is it normal or is it too long.

Second. I looked inside the game code (in disassembler) and found sceCtrlReadBufferPositive call (there is only one place in "Patapon 1" game where sceCtrlReadBufferPositive is called).
Then I found the addresses for data which relating keys.    

Now I want to find the fragments of game code that refer to these data. (Ideally, a want to find the game code fragment that assesses the timings)
I need something similar to "breakpoint on memory access".
As far as I understand the emulator has modules for read/write memory in psp address space.

My questions:
Can I trace accessing the data in specific addresses?
Where should I set a conditional breakpoints in code of emulator (in Visual Studio) to trace the accessing data in specific address of PSP memory space?

P.S: Many thanks to authors for the ppsspp emulator.
P.P.S: pata-pata-pon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Patapon 1 input lag (I want errrradicate it) - LamerDrv - 07-16-2016 10:09 AM