Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android????
10-28-2014, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2014 09:19 PM by fivefeet8.)
RE: Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android????
(10-28-2014 05:23 PM)Haseeb Wrote:  Try to understand , its not the emulator that's complex , its the console PS2 itself, PCSX2 has been out for a decade now , it has improved the most! Developers of pcsx2 tried to make the codes more and more simpler in the last 10 years which resulted in the faster speed.
If they develop a new emulator from scratch , they'll have to work again all the way , so porting PCSX2 will be the best! (imo)

The PS2 console was complex, but that doesn't mean the emulator can't be as well. The current state of code in PCSX2 is a huge mess right now. Even the Dolphin emulator authors don't want to touch the code, but I do think the current developers of PCSX2 are going in that direction to try and clean the code as much as possible. In it's current state, it's really not a good candidate for porting to Android. There are reasons why there haven't been ports of PCSX2 for many platforms even with 10 years of development time.

Developing a new PS2 emulator is also risky, but you do have the advantage of having PCSX2 code to compare and look at. To see what didn't work in PCSX2 so you can think of other ideas and develop new ways to emulate the PS2. And you can make sure the code is portable to other platforms.

(10-28-2014 08:12 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  One of the problems in PPSSPP is the slow performance on new Snapdragon chipsets, I don't know if it's so bad as before, but I believe is still there.

The problem is not only relegated to PPSSPP though. Snapdragon chipset drivers for their Adreno GPU's are far lacking to put it mildly. The issues they have are mostly related to OpenGles 3.x extensions. Much of it useless because of buggy drivers. Plus the driver overhead on Adreno GPU's are comparatively horrid.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android???? - fivefeet8 - 10-28-2014 08:58 PM