Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android????
03-23-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android????
(03-23-2013 08:52 AM)Dwightyone Wrote:  
(03-23-2013 01:38 AM)ppssppikachu Wrote:  
(03-22-2013 09:11 PM)Dwightyone Wrote:  Even if it is, I can't really see the point when it comes to mobile devices such as the iphone. The majority of games are massive in size compared to the much smaller files of the N64 (absolutely tiny), the PSX and even the PSP. The first God of War on the PS3 comes in at a whopping 4GB. I'm not even sure that PS2 gaming on a mobile is a great fit anyway.

If people want to play slow games (let's say Silent Hill 2) then that''d be okay, but I'd imagine people want a PS2 emulator to play all the faster fighting, FPS and action adventure titles.
These sort of games tend to demand more hand to eye co-ordination. How on earth are people goiing to be able to control such fast moving games, with their more intricate detailed enviroments, their far higher sprite count, when you have to emulate the full PS2 pad including four shoulder buttons and two analogue sticks whilst your fingers are all over the 4-5 inch screen blocking your view. It's like watching a movie on a watch: pointless.

For tablets and the likes of the up coming Project Shield and Ouya then it's great, but mobile phones... I don't know myself. From a practical viewpoint, unless you're going to play slow moving games with don't have much on screen action then I think PS2 emulation on a mobile phone screen is a console too far.

Maybe it's just me, I'm getting on a bit now. My hand to eye co-ordination, reflexes and responses aren't what they used to be. I find a game chess to be as fast as a COD game these days. Big Grin

for the control you use blutrol with ps3 or icontrolpad,as for the sprites,just lower the resolution.the game size ...thats another story.

I'm old school. For the record when I say sprites I mean the moving playable character/other characters/enemies/moving objects/anything that moves separately of the background. You can reduce the resolution but you can't change how many of them are on the screen.

We could use bluetooth controllers but like PS2 emulation itself I can't really see the point. For tablets okay but why use a bluetooth pad for a 4-5 inch screen. Aside from the eye squinting we'll be doing with our eyes trying to maneuver the playable character around a tiny screen with all the on screen action going on PS2 games offer, we'll also end up draining the battery empty within thirty minutes with PS2 emulation and a bluetooth pad connected at the same time. Okay, we could plug in the mobile power lead to play but that defeats the purpose. Taking into account the the screen size issue, if we end up needing a bluetooth gamepad and a plug in power point to play them as well, then maybe it would be better to just use a real PS2 console.

I own many rips of PSP games. The videos have been ripped out or reduced in quality and size by re-sampling, same with the audio. If the videos/audio etc.. is ripped out it just spoils the game for me. If the videos/audio in my games are re-sampled to a lower quality then I'd rather have that. As a general rule my PSP games are reduced in size by a quarter to a third by re-sampling the video/audio. You could do this with PS2 games and reduce them up to a third in size and then CSO them. Smile

for the screen size we use tv-out and google icontrolpad 2 to know what im taliking about.i understand the processing power part but you seem not to know much about mobile peripherals..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android???? - ppssppikachu - 03-23-2013 12:02 PM