Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cross region play with the built-in server?
02-11-2016, 02:02 AM
RE: Cross region play with the built-in server?
(02-09-2016 07:11 AM)AdamN Wrote:  The built-in adhoc server were able to cross-region, but it's database for cross region was hardcoded into the source code instead of using sqlite3 database like the original (standalone) adhoc server. And the hardcoded database only contains one or two games (just for example), it was Ace Combat or something Big Grin

Code:
void __AdhocServerInit() {
    // I'm too lazy to copy the whole list here, we should read these from database.db
    crosslinks.push_back(db_crosslink{ "ULES01408", "ULUS10511" });
    crosslinks.push_back(db_crosslink{ "NPJH50263", "ULUS10511" });
    productids.push_back(db_productid{ "ULUS10511", "Ace Combat X2 - Joint Assault" });
    productids.push_back(db_productid{ "NPUH10023", "Armored Core 3 Portable" });
}

I think, it might be better to separate the database from source code just like the original one so anyone can edit the db file without recompiling, but at the time i commit it i didn't want to include too much files (ie. sqlite headers) and too lazy to put the whole database into sourcecode Big Grin so i only put the sqlite database as reference (which i think the db file has been removed from repo by now)

PS: the source code to handle the sqlite3 database is still there, i just commented it out so it can be reused in the future, just find the word "sqlite3" in proAdhocServer source code.

Could I simply change the gameid using UMDgen to the region I'm trying to play with?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cross region play with the built-in server? - stsxe - 02-11-2016 02:02 AM