The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[PC win7 x64] smoother framerate
10-16-2015, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2015 12:38 PM by bankai.)
[PC win7 x64] smoother framerate
When I play God of War Ghost of Sparta, the framerate isn't locked at a fluid 60fps. The counter does say it runs at 100% (fps & cycles), but the actual framerate fluctuates.

Here is a screenshot: it ways 47/47 (100%) in the counter.. weird right?

[Image: oac0if.jpg]

I can imagine this is because of limitations to the actual PSP hardware.. but is there a way to make it run smoother?

For example; which setting for the "Emulated PSP CPU clock" is recommended for it to run smooth? Or are there any other settings which can be enabled to straighten out the framerate? When I set it at 500mhz (instead of 333mhz, which is default I thought for GOW games) nothing really happens.

Another game like Dead or Alive Volleyball has small hitches in framerate, like microstuttering. Panning across the island you notice it best: small hiccups. I can't seem to resolve this issue; I have Vsync enabled, no speedhacks. Tried the 60fps framelimiter off and on, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

My system specs:
Intel i5 3750k @4.2ghz
Geforce GTX780
8gb DDR3
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500gb
Windows 7 x64

edit: more info & screenshot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[PC win7 x64] smoother framerate - bankai - 10-16-2015 07:12 AM