The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to PPSSPP - Samsung Galaxy Tab S vs. S2
08-11-2015, 02:37 AM
New to PPSSPP - Samsung Galaxy Tab S vs. S2
Folks,
I would like to say first thanks for the great work of creating a very (VERY) customize-able and feature rich PSP emulator. I bought the "gold" version as my humble way of supporting the work by throwing in some coin.

Today, I have the old'ish Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N5110). I've spent the weekend tweeking it so that I could play Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops.
I bought a digital (PSN) copy of this game back when the Vita was about to be release foolishly expecting it to eventually become availible to US PSVitas, but as you may know, for us Americans, that never happened, and I'm quite sure that it never will.

Anyway, I have it up and running and have followed the "speed tweek" guide as best as I can using PPSSPP ver 1.0.1. But alas, I think that my old tablet just can't give me very many fps. (I think the speed display clocking me at "5/20 fps , 100% speed).

I'd like to trade up and get a faster tablet. I've got my eye on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (rumored to be released hopefully this month in the US).

Making this long story short:
Do you think that I should buy the SG Tab S2 when it releases and buy it (expecting much better speed and FPS "enjoyable rate") or... should I still wait for it's release and go with the older SG Tab S assuming it will still be available but price dropped.

Any helpful comments are greatly appreciated. And if there are any comments steering away from Samsung to another make/model, please share as well.

Also, I hope that this thread is created in an appropriate section and that this question hasn't already been asked. (I tried searching, but I think this may be the first of it's kind in regards to Samsung Galaxy Tab S's)

Cheers,
Rh0gii
Simper Gumby
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New to PPSSPP - Samsung Galaxy Tab S vs. S2 - rh0gii - 08-11-2015 02:37 AM