The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slowdown on new level or when the new segment of level is loading. Need more RAM?
08-03-2015, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 04:44 AM by xynkurosawa.)
Slowdown on new level or when the new segment of level is loading. Need more RAM?
Each time I'm on a new level in any game or each time a segment of level is loading(i guess?) in games like Wipeout, i'm having a slow-down for few seconds and what is especially annoying the sound also slows down and violates my ears.
It happens even with non-graphical games like Knights of the round in Capcom collection(low speed for two seconds at the start of each level).
I'm playing on HP laptop. It has AMD A4-5000 products.amd.com/en-gb/NotebookAPUDetail.aspx?id=67
Which I believe is enough, but only 2GB of RAM, maybe that's the reason?
I believe I tried every way to speed up, frameskiping really helps with perfomance but it doesn't fix this problem. The problem is only huge in games where you move trough the levels fast, like in Wipeout.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Slowdown on new level or when the new segment of level is loading. Need more RAM? - xynkurosawa - 08-03-2015 04:40 AM