Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's with the ARM JIT for PPSSPP Why Is It Terrible?
05-10-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: What's with the ARM JIT for PPSSPP Why Is It Terrible?
I have not encountered any issues like hw composer falling back to software renderer and graphics glitches when I tested ppsspp with my Galaxy s3(ppsspp ver 0.9).

The Galaxy s3 has a mali 400MP4 just like the Galaxy S2 although clocked higher.

Changing to a phone with adreno 320 though, gave me alot of headaches. My Oppo Find 5 with its snapdragon s4 failed to deliver as much as my sgs3 did in ppsspp. Some might say that it must be due to the higher resolution screen but I don't think so as even if I'm playing at 1x Buffered rendering, the Adreno 320 phone still struggles compared to my sgs3.

After reading a lot posts here in the forums, the sluggish performance I've observed is due to shitty Qualcomm drivers. I'm not updated though, in case Qualcomm have updated anything.

And finally, with Power VR. I have tested ppsspp with a phone using Imagination's G6430. Games runs great and it might be due to arm v8a improvements although I do experience graphics glitches in some games (transparent textures).

I've seen performance decline with the latest builds though. It might be due to ppsspp being more accurate or because there's no active maintainer for the iOS port. (Ppsspp tested with iphone 5s)

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's with the ARM JIT for PPSSPP Why Is It Terrible? - tiktakt0w - 05-10-2015 10:27 PM