The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
New "Refresh Rate" option under Cheats Menu added. This is what it does.
01-28-2015, 02:27 PM
Information New "Refresh Rate" option under Cheats Menu added. This is what it does.
I am proud to announce the addition of an option I wanted so much and with the help of my friends Luna Moo and Henrik it has been added to the emulator under the "Cheats" menu.

[Image: d33fc932-a5bf-11e4-96c9-dbde0fb3cbef.jpg]

What is Code Locking Interval / Cheat Refresh Rate?

Basically some codes require the change of the refresh rate, also known as the code locking interval a hex ram editor (cheat device) applies to it's codes for the game. For example not all addresses are main modifiers, as most have sub-modifier addresses . Some codes have multiple addresses and only one is the main while the others are changed/depend on the main address. What we speak about is the value.

In some cases the game/program doesn't like specific values to be frozen. For example we have a code that we do want set with a specific value, but our currently set "Refresh Rate" doesn't allow this and the game/program changes the value itself every second, despite the code being activated. We have to slide down the cursor of the option and set from the default "77" to a lower until the game/program stops changing the code. This is called Code/Cheat Freezing thus we do not allow the changing of values.

In my personal case most of my mods feature fixes....

Take a look at the video to see what PPSSPP's new option does and HOW IMPORTANT it is for some devs like me or people who use my mods.

In the video I show you how I control a boss monster "Snake Mask" from the game Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce 2 (Shin Sangoku Musou Multi-Raid 2) using my Golden Mod for the game.

Normally the game will freeze if this monster is loaded, or pressing Circle button to switch weapons will freeze the game. Also that monster has the ability to produce a cloning of itself when it's half hp is reached. The main problem?
When player controls the monster, once the quest is loaded the monster will have instantly spawned it's clone despite the Health of the player. You will end up controlling it, but the camera will be fixed on the clone and you won't be able to see yourself walking and attacking until you get closer to your cloning. Stupid right. But this is how this NPC is programmed. With several patches I got rid of the clone and there is Camera Patch that changes the camera to your controlled monster and not the clone anymore. So you can see yourself. But the game fights and doesn't give easily. With normal code locking interval you see the bad effects of game changing the value of already active code. Setting the "Refresh Rate" to lower freezes the code more deeply and doesn't allow the game to change it's value anymore. And we have working camera fix.

The video shows all of this.

You may end up with such a codes which require a lower setting of code locking interval. Code locking interval also affects the Increment/Decrement code types - It either speeds them up increasing/decreasing or slows them.

It affects a lot of codes, but it a necessary addition to our emulator.

Thank You Luna and Henrik for this one.
As a Game Mod's Dev I am proud to announce that my biggest mod is coming to PPSSPP and officially will support the emulator.

All who like the emulator please donate to the devs to show support. I will do that as soon as I can. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New "Refresh Rate" option under Cheats Menu added. This is what it does. - Melkor - 01-28-2015 02:27 PM