Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
06-07-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
(04-04-2015 11:40 AM)Schwarzen Wrote:  Greetings everyone. I am having a slightly annoying issue with the Undub version of BBS Final Mix.

I got the Undub iso and it works as expected. The cutscenes are in English, while the combat voices are in Japanese. I say "as expected", because it seems that you need a plug-in to turn the cutscene voices to Jap, at least for the PSP.

Since PPSSPP does not have plug-ins, I've done my research and found a cheat that would work the same way.

"_C1 Japanese language mode (= no voices)

_L 0x0035B02E 0x00000001"

I used the cheat, and it does work. The cutscenes are now in Japanese. But, at the same time, I now have no combat voices. (By "combat voices" I mean "declaring the attacks", "guttural noises" when swinging keyblades around, etc etc.) All other sound effects still work, but the voices.

Does anyone know why this is happening, or had the same issue? It is great to have the cutscenes in Japanese, but silent "blade swinging" is... anticlimactic, to say the least.

Thank you in advance.

Is there any update to this in 2020?
Any way to play full undub on PPSSPP with all voices?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix - OldClassicGamer - 06-07-2020 09:02 PM
TEXTURE GLITCHES BBS - The Key - 08-14-2014, 11:09 PM
KHBBSFM - Masterdj2 - 05-27-2015, 06:06 PM