Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
12-05-2018, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2018 02:23 PM by GebozinhoMalvado.)
RE: Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
Hello everyone. New to this forum, so I hope I've managed to follow the structure right. As of 05/12/2018:

Title: Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
Genre: 2D Fighting Game
Region: US
Format: ISO
Version: 1.7.4
Compatibility: Menus (normal mode) / playable (Software Rendering mode, maybe only on more powerful PCs)
Notes: Most menus can be navigated, except for the Arcade and Training menus. Mode and Moveset menus can't be seen at any moment, Character Select screen has the
background template but character's sprites are all missing. Stage Select menu only shows the currently selected stage in the middle. VS screen is also invisible.
Ingame sprites, HUD and such can't be seen, backgrounds are incomplete. Pause menu can be seen and navigated. There are no problems in regards to sound.
Still haven't checked Chaos Tower Mode, although I'll assume there will be problems there as well, especially in regards to sprites.
---
Running the game in Software Rendering mode seems to have solve all the issues, but the emulator becomes horribly slow. Stopping the emulation in this state crashes
PPSSPP.
Before updating the emulator to 1.7, I could play the game with no problem by enabling CPU or GPU buffer rendering, except for a few bugs in the pause menu and in
the backgrounds. Nothing game-breaking though.
--------------
EDIT: got some screenshots to share. Also I re-read the previous entries (for some reason thought they were from 2013, not 2018) and would appreciate it if someone knows if PPSSPP devs are working on making Software Mode less demanding on old PCs. In case not, I'll stick with an older build even if with its own problems for Darkstalkers and play everything else on the most recent one. Without further ado, here are the screenshots I will place here for future reference.
DOUBLE EDIT: Apparently I cannot upload certain pictures for some reason. Changed file name and all but something else is up. I was able to post the most significant ones though: the first with the symbol is the background that appears where a menu should pop up, as well as the character VS screen. The second one is already in-game: there's no HUD, no character sprites and the background is incomplete. The sound however indicates that gameplay is ocurring and you can hear the characters attacking and getting hit. The screen moves as well, but no element is shown.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower - GebozinhoMalvado - 12-05-2018 08:04 PM