Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
MH 3rd PC Optimized Controlls without a controller
04-03-2017, 10:51 PM
RE: MH 3rd PC Optimized Controlls without a controller
I'm a lurker and this is a bit of necromancy but...

I'm very grateful to OP so I have been working on this script like mad trying to make it nicer and a bit more viable for PPSSPP

I'll actively respond for some weeks after this post... I'm eager to make playing with mouse and keyboard on PPSSPP as viable as possible for pc users.

still the same in key areas like alt activates script, Right CTRL or P stops the camera control and End key terminates the script.

So the key differences are:
  • Tries not to interfere with other windows by detecting if MH is playing on PPSSPP (except for mouse hiding)
  • It has a deadzone (adjust via deadzone, deadzoneX,deadzoneY)
  • It monitors mouse Y axis (helpful for bowguns, may want to adjust deadzoneY)
  • Left click will hit the key "i" (can bind this to triangle in PPSSPP)
  • Detects Steam overlay via Shift Tab. (Overlay mode disables leftclick->i and camera control)
  • Detects overlay escape via shift tab and pressing escape (but not by clicking the message on the top.
  • aggressively attempts to restore cursor on exit of script
  • some tooltips that show when detecting steam overlay

Here is the first few lines of my fork of the OP's AHK script below (and attached as zip containing AHK and EXE) :

Code:
#Persistent
#SingleInstance, Force
SetBatchLines, -1
#NoEnv
#InstallKeybdHook
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
overlay := false
deadzone := 10 ; adjust deadzone here default is 10
; aspect ratio of my screen is 16:9 so i want it sensitive to x(across screen) and not too sensitive to y(up and down the screen)
deadzoneX := Floor(deadzone*0.9) ; I make a tall rectangle deadzone
deadzoneY := Floor(deadzone*1.6) ;  I make it inversely proportional to the aspect ratio of 16:9
; the rectangle is therefore scaled to be 9 across and 16 tall

#IfWinActive MONSTER HUNTER PORTABLE 3rd HD Ver
#if !overlay
~LButton::i
return
#IfWinActive

continued....

Attached File(s)
.zip  M2Key(NS)v1.2.zip (Size: 528.74 KB / Downloads: 996)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MH 3rd PC Optimized Controlls without a controller - NetSlayer - 04-03-2017 10:51 PM