The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ATI 4k series OpenGL crash even with proper version of driver.
06-26-2014, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 09:36 AM by Nightquaker.)
ATI 4k series OpenGL crash even with proper version of driver.
Hello there :3
I have a problem with a recent version of emulator I downloaded, which is revision 1277 of 0.9.8.
You know about the emulator OpenGL crashes on legacy AMD cards?
Well, this issue have been solved by using OpenGL files (atioglxx.dll and atiogl.xml) from driver version 11.11a and putting them into emulator folder.
This solution doesn't work anymore in revision past 1250. So, what's up with that?
Error message is usual "EmuThread timed out" and usual driver recovery from a GPU side.
P.S. I always download a 32bit version of emulator, as atioglxx.dll is a 32bit version of OpenGL driver and it gets picked up by it, that includes the revision I mentioned. Emulator picks it up, but still crashes for whatever reason.

Also, before you ask me to post a log: I have created a logs folder and enabled debug logging in developer options menu, but logs don't seem to be created. Launging PPSSPP via DebugLog.bat doesn't help either.

Thank you :3

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ATI 4k series OpenGL crash even with proper version of driver. - Nightquaker - 06-26-2014 08:59 AM