Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PSP native post-processing effects
06-27-2014, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2014 06:47 PM by Arborea.)
RE: PSP native post-processing effects
(06-27-2014 05:50 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Sure, it can and does use the VFPU to transform vertices. This is seen in many games.

I am not so strong in graphics, so I'm not sure what hardware tessellator means. But, I do know it can generate bezier and spline patches, which can create some pretty advanced affects. This isn't very commonly used though.

However, it's still not a situation where you upload code. Instead you say how many points in the patch to generate and some other parameters, afaiu.

-[Unknown]

I think you are pretty good at graphics you seem to be the one who fixed most of PPSSPP graphical bugs. Its impressive PPSSPP can already properly emulate PSP effects PCSX2 still cant emulate those vertice transformations and mipmapping in hw mode. Official specs http://uk.ign.com/articles/2003/07/29/ps...s-revealed . Still I am curious if it can use form of primitive tessellation name hardware tessellator seems to suggest it. Also does PSP have support for Depth maps and height maps ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PSP native post-processing effects - Arborea - 06-27-2014 06:30 PM