The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audio crackle issues
09-03-2017, 02:00 PM
Audio crackle issues
I tried posting this elsewhere but it does not look like it works, so I apologize if this ends up a double post.

I'm having a seemingly unique problem with audio crackle. I had done some searching and found similar issues but nothing as consistent as mine so I'm at a loss and was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction.

I had used ppsspp on my previous PC without any issues (aside from the jeanne d'arc text being wonky but thats the games fault) but now on my new PC I am getting constant audio crackle once the emulator is running, I have tried on multiple games to text if they were bad rips/patches but so far seems to be anything. The audio will still continue to output a popping noise even with the emulation paused but the emulator still running, I have to stop all emulation completely and go back to the main menu to get it to stop. I am also experiencing this on the default settings as well as trying to adjust settings lower.

I have recorded the type of audio crackle I have been encountering in case it might provide some information on whats wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N6GNLPJWSM

Also my system specs are:
Intel Core I7 7700k 4.20 GHz
16gb ddr4 ram
windows 10 64bit
asus geforce gtx 960 strix
gigabyte z270x ultra gaming motherboard
asus xonar dgx soundcard

I am currently using the most recent build of PPSSPP (1.4.2 via installer) but have also tried on the previous versions of PPSSPP available for download on the official site. If there is any more information I can provide to help find a solution please let me know as I really want to get this emulator working again on this new hardware
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Audio crackle issues - MarauderEX - 09-03-2017 02:00 PM
RE: Audio crackle issues - LunaMoo - 09-04-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: Audio crackle issues - MarauderEX - 09-04-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: Audio crackle issues - LunaMoo - 09-04-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: Audio crackle issues - MarauderEX - 09-05-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Audio crackle issues - Avenyet - 09-07-2017, 01:10 PM