The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Builds Compatible with OS X 10.6[.8] x86?
04-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Builds Compatible with OS X 10.6[.8] x86?
I'm trying to get PPSSPP working on a Snow Leopard (10.6.8) machine with an i386 processor. SDL2 is installed. Any of Mac the builds I try from the official site (and a few of the more current other build sites) give me a "not supported by this type of Mac" error. I'm not sure if this has to do with the fact that the machine has a 32-bit processor or if there are some additional missing dependencies.

Not being a competent C-compiler, I attempted building it from source with a brew-installed GCC 4.8 (cmake -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=/usr/lib/gcc-4.8 -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/usr/lib/g++-4.8), but when I run `make` I get an "Unrecognized Command Line Option '-stdlib=libc++'" error right off the bat.

From what I understand libc++ is a clang option and is not supported by the clang that comes with XCODE 4.2. This was surprising given my cmake parameters. Brew seems to have trouble installing a newer version of clang which might support libc++ on my device, as it gets stuck in an infinite settings-recheck loop.

So I'm wondering, does anybody know of PPSSPP builds that run on an i386 OS X 10.6[.8] machine, or instructions for how to build it while on a 10.6[.8] machine? Compilation seems to be more complicated than usual on the 10.6.X line. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Builds Compatible with OS X 10.6[.8] x86? - Hammer Bro. - 04-11-2015 04:37 PM