Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strange gaming performance in Monster Hunter 3rd HD
01-12-2015, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 09:02 PM by Vitkarus.)
RE: Strange gaming performance in Monster Hunter 3rd HD
(01-11-2015 10:04 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  "Unbuffered" is a hack. It more correctly means "disable the game's ability to use buffers". I don't think anyone "should" ever use that option, unless they have no choice to get acceptable performance or somehow prefer the graphics without buffers (which may mean black screens or other glitches, depending on what the game tries to do with buffers that silently do not work.)

Temporary drops in fps can and does happen on some devices. It can be caused by background processes or the OS, but it can also be caused by things the emulator or game do that don't happen every frame. The faster the device is, the more stable it will be.

-[Unknown]

Thanks for the explanation, but as I understand it, there's nothing I can do about it? Adjustment of the emulator's settings can't fix it? I have to wait for a more powerful version of the emulator, or dig into the OS to understand why it does not work properly in the emulator? It's sad because within a closed operating system (like iOS) it will be difficult or even impossible. Sad

(01-11-2015 10:01 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 09:23 PM)Vitkarus Wrote:  so I do not think that this is a problem with the performance of my phone and it should normally run the game in unbuffred mode

Well not a problem with your phones GPU at least. I mean you're on a non-jail-broken IPhone which I think means that you can't use the JIT. But I can't tell you whether that's the normal performance for that OS+processor combination, since I don't really have any experience with it.

No, of course I use Jit because my phone is jailbroken. And as I understand it may be the problem of CPU performance? If so, is it possible to transfer some of the load from the CPU to the GPU? Or simply reduce the load on the processor? Or it may be a problem with poorly adapted for IOS or 64 bit architecture and for my part I just can not help it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strange gaming performance in Monster Hunter 3rd HD - Vitkarus - 01-12-2015 08:51 PM