Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.29 Average
The Freedom Wall Thread
06-18-2014, 05:06 AM
RE: The Freedom Wall Thread
* Modern Day Philosopher. Wink

Download PSP Games for FREE Here !
http://forums.ppsspp.org/announcements.php?aid=5

Do you Have Sensible Questions? Read Here.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/announcements.php?aid=4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 07:47 AM by Raimoo.)
(06-17-2014 10:51 AM)Buko Pandan Wrote:  Well since someone can't come up with a good topic at the moment, I'll post a single question,it's pure simple,yet at the same time it's moderately difficult, here it is.

What is the 1/2 of 13?

a. 6.5
b. 8
c. 11
e. A and B
f. B and C
g. A and C
h. none of the above
i. all of the above

Mathematically speaking, the answer is A

Logically speaking, the answer is F because of what Buko explained.

Think twice again, the answer is I because a, b and c are correct bothe mathematically and logically.

Phew... pretty busy today T.T

I might not be able to play anything... T.T

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
06-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Huh, I thought it would be more mind-boggling than that.
Why "none of the above?"
Following your logic, 1/2 or 13 should also be 101. Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-18-2014, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 11:57 AM by Buko Pandan.)
Quote:Logically speaking, the answer is F because of what Buko explained.
What? You're epic, you should have at least read my previous post up to the very end very carefully or took an adequate rest before you posted what I have just quoted.

Quote:Think twice again, the answer is I because a, b and c are correct bothe mathematically and logically.
You must have misunderstood my post (again.....) I already said in my previous post that the correct answer is option "I", I only explained the logical point why options "B" and "C" are also correct although in the philosophical aspect only,thus resulting that option "I" became the absolute correct answer. I never mentioned anything that I picked "F" as the correct answer. But please do tell, how can you prove that option "I" signifies that all of them are all correct in terms of mathematical and logical aspect. (especially in the mathematical aspect part) If you can divide 13 by half equally using 11 or 8 then you're something else. ha! ha!.

Quote:Huh, I thought it would be more mind-boggling than that.
to barbanium, that's why I said it's very simple, yet at the same time moderately challenging (if you put it to practical use)

Quote:Why "none of the above?"
I didn't said that, you did. read my previous post very carefully.

this is what I'm talking about regarding options B and C (dividing it in a philosophical way)
[Image: 28tfko8.jpg]

and

[Image: 25it2ra.jpg]

Anyway,this will be my last post this month, see ya again some other time! maybe in 2 months 3, 4, 5 months or eventually!! ha! ha!, later.... Frequenting online forums is such a huge time drain.

Feel Free To Visit My Youtube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos
06-18-2014, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 12:03 PM by barbanium.)
(06-18-2014 10:58 AM)Buko Pandan Wrote:  
Quote:Why "none of the above?"
I didn't said that, you did. read my previous post very carefully.

Lol! Look at your own post. Big Grin

(06-17-2014 10:51 AM)Buko Pandan Wrote:  Well since someone can't come up with a good topic at the moment, I'll post a single question,it's pure simple,yet at the same time it's moderately difficult, here it is.

What is the 1/2 of 13?

a. 6.5
b. 8
c. 11
e. A and B
f. B and C
g. A and C
h. none of the above
i. all of the above

"h. none of the above" is above "i. all of the above," so that means if "I" is the correct answer, "A to H" are also correct answers, thus, the question, "Why 'none of the above?'" Wink

Also, if you look at the first picture you posted, the top half indeed looks like "VIII" but the bottom half is either "ΛIII" or "IIIV," neither of which is equivalent to eight. Tongue

06-18-2014, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 01:30 PM by Buko Pandan.)
Oh, None of the above is not included in the options from A to G,the orders between none and all of the above does not matter from option "G" afterwards,you'll just have to pick which of the two is the best answer, I intentionally put it that way,that's why I told a thousand times "It's simple yet moderately challenging" ^_^.

and regarding the first image, it is still the roman numeral 8 though depicting a mirror image, it wouldn't make sense if the V sign below would be placed at the right side instead of the left side.

Feel Free To Visit My Youtube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos
06-18-2014, 12:42 PM
OR you could have put "all of the above" in "H" and "none of the above" in "I". That makes more sense, don't you think? Smile

And I'm not saying you should place "V" to the right side to make it right; I'm saying the logic "ΛIII" or "IIIV" equals 8 is wrong. I don't have the intention to make it right. Big Grin

If, for example, you asked us what's 1/2 of 11, following your "cutting horizontally the Roman numerals" logic, 6 should be the answer.

But in fact 6 and 4 are the answers because the top half would look like "VI" and the bottom half would resemble something like "ΛI" or "IV" if looked at upside down.

And in my book (and pretty sure everybody else's book), "IV" is 4, not 6. Tongue

06-18-2014, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 02:24 PM by Buko Pandan.)
(06-18-2014 12:42 PM)barbanium Wrote:  And I'm not saying you should place "V" to the right side to make it right; I'm saying the logic "ΛIII" or "IIIV" equals 8 is wrong. I don't have the intention to make it right. Big Grin

But in fact 6 and 4 are the answers because the top half would look like "VI" and the bottom half would resemble something like "ΛI" or "IV" if looked at upside down.

And in my book (and pretty sure everybody else's book), "IV" is 4, not 6. Tongue

Maybe I just can't properly interpret what I really wanted to say, okay, as I previously said,the two "VIII" symbols or 8 are just mirror images that faces one another and nothing more.The images represents the philosophical aspect only ( call it a practical fool's division method) since 13 cannot be divided equally by 8, what if I draw a horizontal line in the middle?

How should I put it? In some cases this kind of solution increases a person's creativity skills and not their mathematical skills,by finding a solution way beyond the information a book offers to a person.

Put it in this situation: In puzzle solving,give at least three ways to divide 13 equally in half. Then this is one of the methods.

Anyway,this concludes my post regarding this topic, how about you? any good stories or topics to share? ^_^

I'm taking a break on forums again,well got to go! (Oh,that was a nice short friendly chat/debate mate! ^_^)

06-18-2014, 02:55 PM
strange equation ( > __ < )

if you value your life, Do not talk to me.. Or you will DiE !

I am a bad person.

shiiishiii //^_^/\
06-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Strange indeed.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-19-2014, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2014 03:41 AM by Buko Pandan.)
(06-18-2014 10:31 AM)barbanium Wrote:  Huh, I thought it would be more mind-boggling than that.

I know I should be taking a break from forum activity starting today, but since the first topic was of no challenge to you, I'll increase the difficulty of the topic for a little bit, this time there will be no multiple choices, I'll only present a single image and here it is.

[Image: 4tvl0j.jpg]

All you have to do is to describe what this image exactly represent as a whole, there will be no clues to be provided for the answer as well.Give it a go and have fun! ha! ha!

P.S - oh! and if by any chance you managed to give me the exact answer, I'll give you +1 rep, ha! ha! good luck!

06-19-2014, 10:33 AM
(06-19-2014 02:16 AM)Buko Pandan Wrote:  
(06-18-2014 10:31 AM)barbanium Wrote:  Huh, I thought it would be more mind-boggling than that.

I know I should be taking a break from forum activity starting today, but since the first topic was of no challenge to you, I'll increase the difficulty of the topic for a little bit, this time there will be no multiple choices, I'll only present a single image and here it is.

All you have to do is to describe what this image exactly represent as a whole, there will be no clues to be provided for the answer as well.Give it a go and have fun! ha! ha!

P.S - oh! and if by any chance you managed to give me the exact answer, I'll give you +1 rep, ha! ha! good luck!

I know the answer. I think you're supposed to write it vertically so it's easier to spot but whatever. A vertical line through all of them yields two 1's, two 2's, two 3's, and two 4's.
06-19-2014, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2014 10:54 AM by vnctdj.)
I think you're right Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-19-2014, 01:44 PM
He beat me to it. Confused
I don't want to sound rude but that's easy too. Big Grin

06-19-2014, 01:55 PM
(06-19-2014 10:33 AM)AlphaKennyTime Wrote:  
(06-19-2014 02:16 AM)Buko Pandan Wrote:  

I know the answer. I think you're supposed to write it vertically so it's easier to spot but whatever. A vertical line through all of them yields two 1's, two 2's, two 3's, and two 4's.

yeah 11,22,33 and 44 and the number on the left of each number are inverted to the right so it looks like as if the number on the left of each number looks like a reflection of mirror.

I only notice 2 and 3 tho at first lol

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series