Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
12-18-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
(12-18-2013 08:21 PM)TheDax Wrote:  Known issue. It has to do with how the texture cache works. There's not really anything you can do about it.

I played this on the older v0.8.x build and found that if you savestate then it often would return the game to normal. This build was quite a bit slower than the current 0.9.6 (which I can get to run the game but no crosshairs) unfortunately and crashed often so maintaining some save states was wise anyway .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2013, 08:46 PM
It'll fix itself over time or if you savestate, yeah, but I meant no grouping of settings will fix it. It's just something we have to live with for now.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Are you serious? There's no way to fix this at all?
12-20-2013, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2013 06:33 PM by TheDax.)
Not currently, no. The texture cache could probably be disabled, but by doing that, all of the speed it brings would be sacrificed, making the game nearly unplayable, even on a beefy computer like mine. It'd definitely be nice if the texture cache "refresh rate" could be adjusted, even if it's an ini tweak, though..

The other alternative is the software GPU/renderer, but it's too slow to be realistically usable right now.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Hi guys I'm trying this game on my mac with the latest OSX version of PPSSPP and I'm stuck at ch 1 in my room I can't seem to investigate the drawers and it won't let me continue. I already changed to framebuffer to CPU and 1:1 ratio and it still maps the drawers to the wrong object.

Thanks
12-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Hey guys , I finished the game using 0.9.1 , but I upgraded to 0.9.6.2 and there is I think a new issue where you try to check something and it checks other thing and so on .

galaxy note 3
in trails non buffer
while investigating using cpu buffering .
01-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm trying to play this on my Android (Droid Razr) with version 0.9.6.2 and I run into the cross hair not being able to select anything problem even with Rendering Mode set to Read Framebuffers To Memory (CPU). How can I get it to work?
01-10-2014, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014 12:39 AM by kevinsheeks.)
dammit this doesn't work on my android either same problem can't click the areas -_- i have samsung galaxy s3 -_- which uses mali 400 as well -_- cries

opps i take that back >.< i have Adreno 225
01-10-2014, 07:18 PM
okay guys back with a semi update >.> it seems it does work like the previous poster above said you have to download 0.9.1 google it >.> kinda laggy >.> with buffer to cpu >.< i turned it on buffer to gpu just to see if that would work and it does a little faster to and sound works normally. . .

I'll update >.> if I run into any problems
01-14-2014, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2014 06:40 PM by Nemesis526.)
I use the latest version of ppsspp on Android 4.1.2 on a HTC Desire 500. I have no problem playing Danganronpa since I manage by continuously switching between Buffered Rendering & Read Framebuffers to Memory (CPU).

What kills me is the sound when I switch to memory (absolutely necessary to play the game), it sounds so choppy & gets irritating! I previously had a problem w/ the framerate as well but solved that by removing the 60fps limit & using multithreaded emulation.

Is there any way to improve the sound when the rendering mode is set to memory (CPU)? All my other settings are set to default.

Thanks for your time & patience.
01-15-2014, 02:41 AM
back with update it crashes at some point very soon so its still not a full fix Sad
01-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Is there anything to be done for Android?
Literally, this thing is unplayable.
Changed the buffer and it doesn't work.
I am currently running version 0.9.6
01-28-2014, 09:43 AM
(01-14-2014 06:37 PM)Nemesis526 Wrote:  I use the latest version of ppsspp on Android 4.1.2 on a HTC Desire 500. I have no problem playing Danganronpa since I manage by continuously switching between Buffered Rendering & Read Framebuffers to Memory (CPU).

What kills me is the sound when I switch to memory (absolutely necessary to play the game), it sounds so choppy & gets irritating! I previously had a problem w/ the framerate as well but solved that by removing the 60fps limit & using multithreaded emulation.

Is there any way to improve the sound when the rendering mode is set to memory (CPU)? All my other settings are set to default.

Thanks for your time & patience.
Can you post a pic of your settings? Because i'v got Galaxsy S4 and i cant click on objects, even if I change memory to CPU.. and I have the latest version too.
01-29-2014, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 05:48 PM by udllpn.)
Could anyone confirm which is the last version that works with this game?

I've just tried the latest release available (v0.9.6-687) on Android and I can't click on any object. Changing the rendering options doesn't help, something that didn't use to happen in the past.
02-07-2014, 10:46 PM
I honestly don't know why it doesn't work depending on what model of ppsspp it will work to some extent but newer models of ppsspp it will not work at all -_-