Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
09-27-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: performance issue
On Android, because of deficiencies in the OpenGL ES 2.0 api, it is really, really expensive to read back rendered pixel data so that the CPU can access it. Most games don't need it but Dangan Ronpa really does.

There is possibly a faster way to do it with OpenGL ES 3.0, when we add support for that. Unfortunately I don't think that's compatible with your Mali 400.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: performance issue
Thx for reply, so that open gl 3.0? Can I update it or wat?
If no, will there anythg I can do bout it?

And if I play it on pc,
Will this can run smoothly?
Core 2, 2.4ghz,
1, 5ram
255vga intel
09-27-2013, 11:53 AM
RE: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
Henrik already said that your Mali 400 chip doesn't support OpenGL 3.0, so there's not much you can do about it sorry, pretty much like people who can't run PPSSPP on old PC with GPU that doesn't support the required OpenGL 2.0 (but in this case, they can just upgrade their GPU Tongue ).
This game is actually demanding, again like Henrik said:
(09-27-2013 10:01 AM)Henrik Wrote:  On Android, because of deficiencies in the OpenGL ES 2.0 api, it is really, really expensive to read back rendered pixel data so that the CPU can access it. Most games don't need it but Dangan Ronpa really does.
So trying to play this on PC with onboard Intel GPU won't do you any good, read this for more explanation.

Just post on the existing thread next time, merged.

● If you report (or happen to find any) game/mini/demo that's still not on the compatibility list yet even after 48 hours, you can PM me the link!
● Sorry for my bad english, I'm Indonesian.
09-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Well you dont have to be that restricted as human, mean n such a thing

Didnt I say sry before?
N yes u r good at stuff like tht, thts why ppl tht doesnt GET IT , wnt to ask about it

For this thread , u cn jst closed it then, but pls rmmbr, ppl ask bcs they dnt understand...
09-27-2013, 12:20 PM
(09-27-2013 12:05 PM)LordRaika Wrote:  N yes u r good at stuff like tht, thts why ppl tht doesnt GET IT , wnt to ask about it
Yep, i understand that. Smile

Well, i'm rising your warning level because you are creating a double thread ( and you are even aware of it).

Sorry if my words sounds harsh (it's my english maybe). I'm just trying to answer your question and give you further explanation, didn't mean to offend you or anything, really. Undecided
I merged your thread to this because of Henrik's answer that might add as additional information for this game, instead of closing it. Smile
If you still have anything to say to me, please just kindly PM me to avoid spamming this thread further, thank you. Smile

● If you report (or happen to find any) game/mini/demo that's still not on the compatibility list yet even after 48 hours, you can PM me the link!
09-28-2013, 12:54 AM
So what's the fix for the cursor (X) not working? I rather not read through 14 pages to find it :/. Thanks
09-28-2013, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013 10:12 AM by Sefts.)
Alright, so I'm having several problems.
I'm currently running;

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-M480 CPU @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics Family

Using the v0.9.1-1277 build (the latest one), I switched on Read Framebuffers to Memory (CPU) but ppsspp just crashes whenever I try to load the game.
By crash, I mean the entire window just closes itself without a "not responding" dialogue box or whatever.

Since that didn't work, I downloaded an older v0.8.1 build and left the settings as is. The game ran perfectly fine, except for the first investigation part where the crosshairs obviously didn't work because I hadn't edited the .ini file. If I DID edit the .ini file, I get the same problem with the v0.9.1 build where ppsspp just crashes upon game load.

I feel like I've mislooked something really obvious but I have no idea what it is. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

EDIT:
(09-28-2013 12:54 AM)TunaCat Wrote:  So what's the fix for the cursor (X) not working? I rather not read through 14 pages to find it :/. Thanks
What build are you running? Open the ppsspp.ini file in your ppsspp folder, and see if you have these lines:

FramebuffersToMem = False
FramebuffersCPUConvert = False

If you do, change both to true. Save it, and run the game again.

If you don't have those lines, then look for something like RenderingMode = 2.

If you're running an AMD or Intel graphics card on Windows, change the number to 2.
If you're running a NVIDIA graphics card, set it to 3.

Save the file and try running the game again.
09-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Hi there Sefts, welcome to the forum!

Ok, i just tried to reproduce your problem on my Laptop with both v0.9.1-1252-g89c562d x64 and v0.9.1-1282-g8dac572 x64.
- Core i7 3612QM 2.1 GHz (With HD Graphics 4000)
- Nvidia GT 640M
- 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

Here's what i did:
A. I ran the program using Nvidia
1. Ran PPSSPP with default settings, enable Read framebuffers to GPU.
2. Ran and played the game from the beginning then used save-state on the first room.
3. Clicked the note, dialogue appeared and no crash.
4. Load State and switched to Non-Buffered then to Read framebuffers to CPU, repeat step 3.
5. Closed then reopened PPSSPP, switched rendering mode both before loading and while running the game, repeat step 3.

B. I also tried to ran the program using Intel HD Graphics with above steps and the same thing happened, no crash.

So looks like this problem is on your end, sorry. Maybe you need to upgrade your driver?

09-28-2013, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 02:49 AM by TunaCat.)
@Sefts, Worked beautifully, thanks!

I looked through the thread but there doesn't seem to be a fix for the glitchy text yet. Anyone have any info or news on it? Apparently saving corrects it, but it's so common for me that's not really a viable solution.

I'm also stuck at the part where I believe you meet the principal bear. It looks like a cutscene is supposed to play but I got this instead after entering the gymnasium. Tried the rendering settings and a couple others but no luck. The emulator doesn't crash, but the game seems to.
[Image: 2qi9wn6.png]
09-29-2013, 07:31 AM
(09-28-2013 11:42 AM)mupralsh Wrote:  So looks like this problem is on your end, sorry. Maybe you need to upgrade your driver?

Ah, yes it seems like that fixed the problem. Thank you!
09-30-2013, 01:50 PM
hi. i have a problem with game. cant open file, it says "could not find executable". maybe someone know how to fix it?
10-13-2013, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2013 08:02 PM by reality_marble.)
Anyone using integrated Intel card that is able to properly play the game? What build are you people using? 0.8.1-549 and -642 are not working (FramebuffersToMem and CPUtomem on .ini are both set to true but I still cannot choose anything). 0.9.1. builds simply do not work no matter what I mess with and 0.8.1-399 build or earlier just crashes before I can even load the save. I can run it on JCPSP on slow speeds. PPSSPP gives me flawlessly speed even with FramebuffersToMem on, however, the old crosshair problem happens.
10-16-2013, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 09:53 PM by riadhsurvivor.)
i used 0.9.1-1905 in windows 64 (4gb ram;i5 2500k;gtx 560ti hawk) solved the crosshair problem with buffering to gpu,but it didnt work on android (i tried 0.9.1-1629 on android),how to fix it plz ?
11-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Hey guys. I dont know if there's already a fix for this but, Does anybody know why ppsspp crashes when i tried enabling read to framebuffer(cpu and gpu) upon loading danganronpa? Another issue is that enabling it to framebuffer shows blackscreen but still has sound playing. We wanted to know a solution since danganronpa has better framerate than on my tablet.

Aspire 4745G
Windows 7 32-bit
Intel core i3 processor 330M
ATI mobility Radeon hd 5470 512MB VRAM
2 GB memory
320 GB HDD
11-12-2013, 02:11 AM
I've been using v.0.8.1 for a while now since the newer versions didn't allow me to change the frame buffer so I could actually investigate. However, I don't get any sound during any of the cutscenes/executions. The BGM and voices are fine otherwise, but it's just in those scenes where I can't get the sound to work. Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem is? Thanks in advance!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user