Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
07-06-2013, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 08:17 AM by solarmystic.)
RE: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
(07-06-2013 08:11 AM)Accelerator Wrote:  Using v0.8.1-331, it crashes as soon as it enters a 3D area providing buffered rendering is on. If I disable it, it works fine except I can't do shit.

Hmm.. that's odd, it's okay on my side when it enters a 3D areawith the same build and with Buffered Rendering ON.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6147]

Specs are in signature. What are you running this game on again (your specs, please)?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2013, 08:23 AM
(07-06-2013 08:14 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 08:11 AM)Accelerator Wrote:  Using v0.8.1-331, it crashes as soon as it enters a 3D area providing buffered rendering is on. If I disable it, it works fine except I can't do shit.

Hmm.. that's odd, it's okay on my side when it enters a 3D areawith the same build and with Buffered Rendering ON.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6147]

Specs are in signature. What are you running this game on again (your specs, please)?

A really shitty laptop, XP Professional, Celeron ® Dual Core 2,09GHz, 256mb intel mobile chipset family.

Yeah, I know it's shit but I'm bound to use a laptop for a while since I'm traveling a lot these days. I have no problems playing many of the 3D heavy games usually so I really hate the fact I'm incapable of playing this.
07-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Just repeating, as of the latest update, the Android version still cannot get past the initial object investigation. Was wondering if anyone would compile a build that at least gets around that issue by changing the Framebuffer mem setting for Android.
07-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Any build or fix for the Intel HD Graphics family at all?

Previously, I either couldn't investigate anything once I got to the actual gameplay, or it has a ton of slowdown. I can fix both by triggering the other, simply by toggling buffered rendering with framebufferstomem=true and frameskip. Everything else runs as intended. Though with newer builds instead of slowdown, ppsspp crashes on me. I really want to play this game so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
07-07-2013, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 04:53 AM by ppssppfan1.)
Does anybody have a link to the ticket with the text bug for this game, I'd like to see how that is progressing and I don't know enough of how the psp works to find it(the technical term for the part of the program/system/technology that is having issues) , or if there isn't one can somebody make it? Thanks!
07-07-2013, 12:38 AM
(07-06-2013 09:30 PM)TehTripleb Wrote:  Any build or fix for the Intel HD Graphics family at all?

Previously, I either couldn't investigate anything once I got to the actual gameplay, or it has a ton of slowdown. I can fix both by triggering the other, simply by toggling buffered rendering with framebufferstomem=true and frameskip. Everything else runs as intended. Though with newer builds instead of slowdown, ppsspp crashes on me. I really want to play this game so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Same problem here.
07-07-2013, 01:28 AM
Video RE: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
So I'm having this really weird and annoying pair of glitches trying to play Danganronpa. Firstly, I had it working fine under the settings I set, and no major issues were found that couldn't be solved. But the problem now is that I just began the Climax Logic of Chapter 4, and this screen pops up. I've done other Climax Logics, and I didn't fiddle with the settings that had worked for me before (I don't think anyway), and now I can't play the game. So I load up a previous savestate and keep trying, but eventually the same thing keeps happening, and now my savestate is tied directly to the glitches location ingame.

Now, normally I would just load the previous actual save I have and tough through the situation and try to resolve it before it happens, but my Save is all the way back to the begging of Chapter 4, so I really don't want to. But I WOULD normally just tough it out and push through, but now when I load my actual save from the beginning of Chapter 4, there is a short intermission by Makoto reviewing how the characters have died so far before cutting to black and then the game freezes up anyway, leading me unable to play.

Somebody please help me all I want to do is play Danganronpa and solve mysteries and so far it looks like the game is nigh unplayable.
07-07-2013, 02:31 AM
The freezing is an issue I've already commented. Seems to be what you get when mixing 3D-thingies and loading saves (only actual loading suffers from this. Savestates do not). Can you try the trial in JPCSP to see if it works? If it does then the issue is with PPSSPP, if not then it's with the ISO you're using.
07-07-2013, 03:14 AM
(07-05-2013 04:31 AM)chihaya72 Wrote:  AMD 5770. Using the modded build of PPSSPP that allows you to click on objects. Had no problems until case 6.

I am always crash in a specific part. Data processing room. Just after going back into the monokuma room AFTER speaking to the monokuma. Asahina auto talks and around the time Katagiri's face appears I crash.

Can't progress.

Any advice?
Same problem here… I’ve also tried with the latest build, still crashes (not to mention that the latest build doesn’t automatically recognize my USB controller and I don’t know how to set it up to work…)
07-07-2013, 04:07 AM
(07-07-2013 03:14 AM)ALAKTORN Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 04:31 AM)chihaya72 Wrote:  AMD 5770. Using the modded build of PPSSPP that allows you to click on objects. Had no problems until case 6.

I am always crash in a specific part. Data processing room. Just after going back into the monokuma room AFTER speaking to the monokuma. Asahina auto talks and around the time Katagiri's face appears I crash.

Can't progress.

Any advice?
Same problem here… I’ve also tried with the latest build, still crashes (not to mention that the latest build doesn’t automatically recognize my USB controller and I don’t know how to set it up to work…)

I was having that issue too. I bypassed it by playing that part on an actual PSP but I couldn't figure out any way to bypass it in PPSSPP. None of the builds I've tried worked and no alternate option configurations work.
07-07-2013, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 01:37 PM by mister seta 123.)
(07-07-2013 04:07 AM)BillyBob Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 03:14 AM)ALAKTORN Wrote:  

Can't progress.

Any advice?

I was having that issue too. I bypassed it by playing that part on an actual PSP but I couldn't figure out any way to bypass it in PPSSPP. None of the builds I've tried worked and no alternate option configurations work.
Yep, I have the very same problem. It's a real pain to get these problems at the final freaking case, but we'll have to deal with it for the moment.

I suggest to tranfer the save data to JCSPSP, bypass that crash point, and back to PPSSPP. I'll try if the lastest build works, too.

EDIT: Okay, guys, build 0.8.1 399-gb581b73 solved the problem with the data process room! I had Hardware Tranform disabled, too, just in case.
You can't load the save data with build 401, though. Weird.
07-07-2013, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 02:54 PM by ALAKTORN.)
(07-07-2013 01:00 PM)mister seta 123 Wrote:  EDIT: Okay, guys, build 0.8.1 399-gb581b73 solved the problem with the data process room! I had Hardware Tranform disabled, too, just in case.
You can't load the save data with build 401, though. Weird.
Hardware Transform disabled was all that was needed, the special build in page 4 also passes the crash point by doing that. Thanks. (I didn’t actually pass it with the newer build until I had disabled it.)

Another thing I noticed between the builds is that in the page 4 special build, at some point my save disappeared and I had to make a new one, but in the newer build both of them appear in separate save slots.
07-08-2013, 01:46 AM
Guys, stick to 0.8.1-399 for Danganronpa for now if you have an ATI/AMD card.

The FramebufferstoMem and FramebuffersCPUConvert functions are kinda broken in 0.8.1-401 and beyond.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2696

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2694

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
07-08-2013, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 03:39 AM by gunknight.)
hello sir, i wanna ask
im playing this game with ppsspp 64 bit, and using AMD, then at prologue chapter, i got stuck in the loading screen, the FPS drops to only 0,1 - 0,3 at the best.
anybody know why this happens?
thanks for your answer, im still new at this forum Big Grin

edited : thx to solarmystic, now the loading screen fixed, but when using PPSSPP 0.8.1-399 it cannot read my joystick

anyone can help? thx
07-08-2013, 11:18 AM
(07-08-2013 03:27 AM)gunknight Wrote:  edited : thx to solarmystic, now the loading screen fixed, but when using PPSSPP 0.8.1-399 it cannot read my joystick

anyone can help? thx
Rather than trying to get the joystick to work in newer builds I just used the special build posted in page 4. Joystick is automatically setup. Note that during a certain room in Chapter 6 you’ll have to put “False” in the .ini file for HardwareTransform in order to bypass a crash.