Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Castlevania dracula X ULKS46155
06-27-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Castlevania dracula X
I don't really understand why anyone would play any of the other two games besides the main game, In case they don't know they are perfectly emulated on ePSXe and Magic Engine, I know that there isn't Maria on the PSX version but that's not gamebreaking.

The only thing would be if they want to play on Android or some other portable device.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2013, 01:48 PM
(06-27-2013 05:38 PM)Marcelo_20XX Wrote:  I don't really understand why anyone would play any of the other two games besides the main game, In case they don't know they are perfectly emulated on ePSXe and Magic Engine, I know that there isn't Maria on the PSX version but that's not gamebreaking.

The only thing would be if they want to play on Android or some other portable device.

Well, the main reason would be because the PSP version of Symphony Of The Night in fact is the Saturn version (minus some areas, familiars,....) and is the definitive edition of the game. Another reason would be that for most people this is the best Castlevania game.Wink
07-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Well I don't know about being the definitive version of SoTN since you will be stuck at playing this on 4:3 forever instead of 16:9 on the PSX edition (I modified Pete's plugin to support widescreen for this game).

Now to our business, as of latest rev, two bugs are fixed:
- The first stage flame background effect is displayed correctly now
- The game no longer hangs after the intro movie is finished

Way to go dev team! Now if only that "NOW LOADING" freeze is fixed... anyway thanks
07-07-2013, 03:04 PM
There's still the Boss Rush hang, missing cutscene audio and the replay desync as well.
07-07-2013, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 03:23 PM by Marcelo_20XX.)
I know that, also the original games are not working, but at least if the freeze bug is fixed the main game will be totally playable from start to end. I am eager to own Dracula on this game so bad since I cant play this game on my PSP because I suck at any type of controls aside keyboards.
07-08-2013, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 09:27 AM by hbk1231.)
(07-07-2013 03:21 PM)Marcelo_20XX Wrote:  I know that, also the original games are not working, but at least if the freeze bug is fixed the main game will be totally playable from start to end. I am eager to own Dracula on this game so bad since I cant play this game on my PSP because I suck at any type of controls aside keyboards.

I found playing Dracula X Chronicles with a gamepad(Dual Shock 2 Controller in my case) or keyboard to be way easier than on the original PSP. Btw, when does this "Now Loading" hang happens?
07-08-2013, 11:33 AM
It happens when entering first boss room.
07-08-2013, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 11:55 AM by Dullaron.)
I'm using a Xbox 360 usb controller with green Christmas lights. http://www.walmart.com/ip/21977089?wmlsp...90&veh=sem Smile

I been want to play this with no issues. Sad
07-26-2013, 04:45 PM
The reason we want SOTN is because they re-did the absolutely horrible voice acting for this version of the game, and there is also a widescreen patch for the PSP version. I have this game on my PSVita, but cannot apply the widescreen patch to that, and wouldnt mind replaying it on a big screen.
07-27-2013, 08:05 AM
You have a point there...If there is a widescreen patch for it I absolutely want to replay this on the PSP and I agree about the voice acting except that I prefer the old "Alucard" voice actor
08-01-2013, 05:20 AM
I found that the original game cannot be loaded (even using the latest 1055 version). "Now loading" appears and hangs...
08-01-2013, 01:15 PM
*facepalms* Do people even read the rest of a thread before posting something everyone else already knew?

Side note: Apparently the unlockable SoTN version was extracted as a standalone. Only for the Japanese version though.
08-02-2013, 01:19 AM
(08-01-2013 01:15 PM)Hiruko Wrote:  *facepalms* Do people even read the rest of a thread before posting something everyone else already knew?

Side note: Apparently the unlockable SoTN version was extracted as a standalone. Only for the Japanese version though.

Does it work as a standalone? Because if so, wouldn't a solution to the game not working in DXC be solved by running it as a standalone game?
08-02-2013, 12:57 PM
(08-02-2013 01:19 AM)Foffy Wrote:  Does it work as a standalone? Because if so, wouldn't a solution to the game not working in DXC be solved by running it as a standalone game?

Do you mean on PPSSPP or in general? Even so I know that the majority of people are playing this for SotN but, I would not call it a solution, I mean, the game should be fixed rather than using some kind of fake solution.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-02-2013, 04:55 PM
The question for me is, is it fully playable on ppsspp? Without graphical bugs.
That would be a solution for me.