Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ppsspp crashes on V0.9.6
12-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Ppsspp crashes on V0.9.6
I have the latest build from angelxwind's repo and I open the app fine. But when I select a game from the menu it just instantly crashes. Any help? Maybe it's permissions I have to change in ifile? Anyone else having this problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Ppsspp crashes on V0.9.6
(12-24-2013 07:52 PM)Dribble Wrote:  I have the latest build from angelxwind's repo and I open the app fine. But when I select a game from the menu it just instantly crashes. Any help? Maybe it's permissions I have to change in ifile? Anyone else having this problem?

Same problem here. Tryinng to run persona 3 portable, crashes all the time. Try to spam the game, it runs eventually for me.
Tho having 7-8 fps, which is no good.
12-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Same issue here. Only just JB the 5s. What helps is... Go back into cydia and reinstall the file from your packages. Then do a reboot. Or try a reboot first then a reinstall. But I still experience crashes after that (few hours later) also adding games to the iPhone from PC can make the app crash.

Quick Q... Has anybody got access to there root directory from programs like ifunbox / iexplorer / iTools ? I can't access them... So I end up copying my games into the "recordings" folder stupid... Really.
12-24-2013, 10:08 PM
(12-24-2013 09:59 PM)Terminator Wrote:  Same issue here. Only just JB the 5s. What helps is... Go back into cydia and reinstall the file from your packages. Then do a reboot. Or try a reboot first then a reinstall. But I still experience crashes after that (few hours later) also adding games to the iPhone from PC can make the app crash.

Quick Q... Has anybody got access to there root directory from programs like ifunbox / iexplorer / iTools ? I can't access them... So I end up copying my games into the "recordings" folder stupid... Really.

I'll have to try that reboot suggestion. And about that other question. The reason you can't access your root folders is because those programs need to be updated to detect that you're jailbroken on ios 7. Right now they are detecting that you are still "jailed" therefore you can't access root folders.
12-25-2013, 12:58 AM
Thought so... Now just need the crash sorting. Even other packages/emus are crashing.. Definitely an ios 7 issue.
12-25-2013, 03:59 AM
New build fixes crash, but I get no picture, just sound.
12-25-2013, 04:50 AM
(12-25-2013 03:59 AM)Terminator Wrote:  New build fixes crash, but I get no picture, just sound.

I got the new build. Crashes less frequently and plays fine for meSmile You get the builds from Angelxwind correct?
12-25-2013, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2013 07:21 AM by wyvie.)
(12-24-2013 09:59 PM)Terminator Wrote:  Quick Q... Has anybody got access to there root directory from programs like ifunbox / iexplorer / iTools ? I can't access them... So I end up copying my games into the "recordings" folder stupid... Really.

Try to install afc2add from cydia. That must help. Also i'm using ssh for all the file operations Smile very useful.

Anyway, got the new build, and still get 2-5 fps on persona 3. What's wrong Sad
I have an iphone 4s, maybe it's too old to be able to run this game?

Found the old 0.7.6 build. Playing fine.
12-25-2013, 10:25 PM
I have found a fix! Turn off hardware transform. Select a game. Once it loads up go back into settings and turn it back on!
12-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Doesn't work for 5s