Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Resistance: Retribution
09-28-2015, 02:39 PM
RE: Resistance: Retribution
@sinonia there are probably at least 3 workarounds to pass the end level crashes in this game:
1) probably mentioned somewhere in this thread - using 100% save as apparently game threads missions which were passed differently from new ones, it's kind of stupid so I didn't tested this one,
2) changing emulated cpu clock to some very small value like 46(equal or less, higher will not work) - not recommended as it will glitch graphics, remove at least one boss graphics out of the screen and can also bug out completely and drop fps to a single digit,
3) creating custom game settings for it with whatever options you need to run it at full speed, then make sure you also have "Prevent FPS from exceeding 60" selected and close ppsspp, go to the memstick\PSP\SYSTEM and open the custom config you just created for example UCUS98668_ppsspp.ini in US version, find there "ForceMaxEmulatedFPS = 60" and change it to lower value for me 50 worked fine, but I didn't really finished whole game with it and it might differ between systems so you might use lower value like 40 or 30 just to be sure;p, once you have it set like that "ForceMaxEmulatedFPS = 50", save changes and set this file properties to "read only"(google a guide for your system if you don't know how to do that) to avoid ppsspp changing it in the future, it's technically not required if you directly go in game without looking at settings next time you launch the game, but if you do open settings the code for this option is weird and will set any non 60 value to 0, probably to stop people from breaking their games:].

I would recommend that 3rd solution to play the game from 0. Just make sure you load the game normally from in-game save after using any of the workarounds. Savestates will not work, meaning even if you have a savestate right before the freeze, you will still have to re-play through whole level again.

We have an open issue for this game here where those workarounds and more info about problem can be found. I doubt it will be properly fixed anytime soon, since it appears to be timing issue and even through many japanese games(read as "badly coded games") would run better with accurate timings, those are really hard to fix.

Almost forget, you might want to disable "fast memory" and if you used it also "multithreading" in system settings. Both of those could more than likely give you additional crashes/issues.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2015, 10:19 AM
I actually got very bad performance when set CPU to 46, I tried setting to 222 and now it's runnung smoothly, also forcing framerate to 50, and I got no more crashes, on usual places, like ch2, level 1 or ch2 level 4 boss. Now all that remains is some garbage graphics in the mech chapter, but it's playable.
11-30-2015, 05:14 PM
Resistance Retribuition always crashing
Hello,

Resistance Retribuition is crashing on me on random levels. I used someone elses save, its still crashing on 1st chapter after landing from parachute and various other levels. Graphics and fps is no issue, only random crashing.

MY VERSION OF PPSSPP
Ver 1.1.1

(Tried using newest beta build too, to no avail )

My PC SPECS:
core i3 3.06 GHZ
MSI 750 ti 2 gb
8 gb DDR 5 ram
Win 7 64 bit

Please advise Smile
11-30-2015, 05:23 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-18-2016, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2016 05:11 AM by HelghastSector9and3quarterss.)
(11-30-2015 05:14 PM)MrXYZ Wrote:  Hello,

Resistance Retribuition is crashing on me on random levels. I used someone elses save, its still crashing on 1st chapter after landing from parachute and various other levels. Graphics and fps is no issue, only random crashing.

MY VERSION OF PPSSPP
Ver 1.1.1

(Tried using newest beta build too, to no avail )

My PC SPECS:
core i3 3.06 GHZ
MSI 750 ti 2 gb
8 gb DDR 5 ram
Win 7 64 bit

Please advise Smile

I've had the same problem. I'm still getting a crash on PPSSPP Ver 1.2.2 during the first level as well. I'll see if any of the older fixes do anything. Is the "use an already complete playthrough save game" fix confirmed as still working?

Edit 2: Nevermind. Using both the lower FPS cap and the lower CPU count worked!
04-19-2016, 02:16 AM
Question -- How do you import a save file from GameFAQs into PPSSPP?
Hi guys, just getting started here. I apologize in advance if I failed to locate a previous thread that answered this problem. You see, I keep getting the "boss disappearing glitch" in Resistance: Retribution that makes said boss fight virtually unplayable. I'd like to finish the game, but it seems I'll need a completed playthrough save file to do so. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how to import one properly, so I'm in a bit of a spot. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
04-19-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: Question -- How do you import a save file from GameFAQs into PPSSPP?
Step 1. Check to make sure the region of your UMD and thus the iso (or cso) you made from it is the same region as the save file you want to use from gamefaqs. [This step may not be 100% necessary on all games but it does make things easier and some games might have issues with cross region saves]

Step 2. Optional make a save (or 2 is better) in the game to find out how the game names it's save folder. 9/10 times it is just simply ULUS/ULJM/ULES[number here] but some add dat001 or hero002 or other odd things to the end in multi slot saves.

Step 3. Download the save you wish to use from Gamefaqs and see if it is in a folder named the same as your test in step 2. If not then make sure the region is the same like in step 1. If the region matches but the folder is named something else just copy the files (the same ones in step 2) into a properly named folder.

Step 4. This step varies depending on where you are playing ppsspp.....
Copy the new save data to PSP/SAVEDATA

On android this should be in the user accessible root of your device (manufacturers/android versions name this differently but you should be able to find it with a file explorer.

On PC this folder should probably be in the same fokder as your ppsspp executable, but it I think it can be changed in program so if you moved it look there.
04-19-2016, 04:27 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-26-2018, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2018 11:31 AM by Without.)
Hello! Plz, help.
After 1st lvl of Bonn it's crash. Offing fast memory doesn't help.
Version of PPSSPP/PSP: 1.6.3/PSP-1000.
PC specs:
- i5-3210M
- GT 635M
- 4 Gb of RAM
- Win 7 64bit
Video: https://youtu.be/fEeoS3pSJK0 (intro was skipped).
01-31-2019, 02:30 PM
You can get to the end this game, or Is there still that mistake?
05-05-2020, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2020 06:49 AM by ori00032.)
I'm trying to play "Resistance Retribution". but the emulator always crashing after some time. there are three places that it happening in them. 1) on start after first cutscene. 2) in the end of the second cutscene before the second part need to start. 3) If you are lucky and managed to move to the second part (happened to me twice) then it also happens at the end of the second part before the third part starts (when our player in the cutscene entering the sewer)
07-01-2020, 11:02 AM
The Emulator closes automatically at this stage.............Huh

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-13-2021, 07:30 PM
Is crashes are still not fixed on the certain levels here?
07-26-2021, 02:39 PM
只要在系统设置关掉快速内存就可以正常游玩了。原来开启快速内存总是在某些场景就会崩溃,关闭之后再无出现崩溃,可以正常游玩
07-27-2021, 10:08 AM
禁用快速内存,锁定30帧百分百速度运行应该可以完整通关。因为新版PPSSPP是60帧的,不知道有什么办法锁定三十帧,所以只能通过修改模拟器CPU频率来降低帧数,​原来修改100MHz,一直运行良好,但还是出现了游戏崩溃现象。但模拟器并没有崩溃。后来修改成90MHz后就没有出现过崩溃。因为帧数在二十多三十之间。修改CPU频​率毕竟和快速内存一样标注了不稳定。如果不需要修改CPU频率而锁定30帧百分百速率运行应该不会崩溃完整通关了。不要用软件锁定帧率,因为帧率是显示30,但会很快,不​能百分百速率运行。在英伟达控制面板修改也不可以,依然是30帧,但应该是半速运行,实际可能只有15帧。可能用作弊修改可以,可惜我用的是日版汉化ISO,没有作弊码。​用欧版和美版的有作弊码可以尝试一下。