Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 4.27 Average
Tekken Dark Resurrection
11-28-2013, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 05:26 PM by ChrisHateZ.)
RE: Tekken Dark Resurrection
(11-28-2013 04:54 PM)stodag Wrote:  Yes me too, also have black screen in the industrial background.

Which emulator version are you using, and what platform are you playing on?

I'm having a problem with the save state feature in Tekken DR. When I try saving via save state the emulator crashes.

It's not a big deal though since you don't really need save/load states for a game like Tekken, but I'm wondering why is it happening.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Android, latest git builds.. save states are a lot more stable now, so should be ok.

S TO DA G
11-28-2013, 11:03 PM
well, it works just fine on me .. 100% 46/60fps.. frameskip auto and buffered rendering or even non buffered will do .. using myphone a919i 1.2ghz quadcore
11-28-2013, 11:23 PM
I work with final built to Android.

I still have black screen in some rounds.Sad
11-28-2013, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 11:48 PM by stodag.)
@amj530: I was referin to the save state.. the black screen problem hasn't yet been fixed, maybe in future builds but speed is the devs main focus now, especially after the last release was slow..
The people who just update through Gplay will be shocked at how fast ppsspp has become in the last few weeks.
A tad more speed then maybe the bugs will be ironed out.

S TO DA G
11-29-2013, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 07:42 AM by ChrisHateZ.)
(11-28-2013 09:52 PM)stodag Wrote:  Android, latest git builds.. save states are a lot more stable now, so should be ok.

(11-28-2013 11:23 PM)amj530 Wrote:  I work with final built to Android.

I still have black screen in some rounds.Sad

Hm, so you've both got the same problem on android. Every now and then I see some fixes added for android in git builds. Hopefully devs see this thread and make a fix for this too.

(11-28-2013 11:46 PM)stodag Wrote:  @amj530: I was referin to the save state.. the black screen problem hasn't yet been fixed, maybe in future builds but speed is the devs main focus now, especially after the last release was slow..
The people who just update through Gplay will be shocked at how fast ppsspp has become in the last few weeks.
A tad more speed then maybe the bugs will be ironed out.

Do they really need to work on speed more? I don't have android so I don't know how fast emulator is there, but with the latest git build I can run all supported games at stable max FPS on my PC.
11-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Thats what this 1.0 was mainly about.. also PC processors are way faster than android.. its getting there though.

S TO DA G
11-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Emulator doesn't crash anymore when using save states. Been playing today and using save state feature and it haven't crashed even once. I haven't changed anything though, so I don't know how did the problem just go away on it's own but I'm glad it did.
11-29-2013, 09:57 AM
(11-29-2013 07:38 AM)ChrisHateZ Wrote:  Do they really need to work on speed more? I don't have android so I don't know how fast emulator is there, but with the latest git build I can run all supported games at stable max FPS on my PC.

ARM CPUs are getting faster but are still quite far behind PCs, and the OpenGL driver quality is still pretty terrible except for Tegra.

So yeah, a lot more general and ARM-specific performance work is needed. I want Wipeout and T6 to go full speed on Shield and we're only 60-70% of the way there Smile
11-29-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm having a problem with tekken again. It keeps crashing in story mode. I manage to get to stage 3, sometimes up to stage 4 and then emulator just crashes. I did beat story mode with around 3-4 characters so far, then I went to play dojo a lot. Now I wanted to beat story mode for few more characters and I can't because of crash, and it doesn't even matter which hero I pick it always ends up crashing after 3-4 stages.

I can fight in dojo as much as I want and it doesn't crash though.

Any ideas what's going on?
11-29-2013, 06:11 PM
* Fast memory On can cause crash,

* Try disabling Smile

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
11-29-2013, 06:20 PM
(11-29-2013 06:11 PM)globe94 Wrote:  * Fast memory On can cause crash,

* Try disabling Smile

Never had it enabled. I tried disabling Vertex Cache (having it on used to give me constant crashes in Brave Story) but it doesn't help either.
11-29-2013, 06:39 PM
* then try other builds Smile

* looks like build 765 is crashing..

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
11-29-2013, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 07:41 PM by ChrisHateZ.)
(11-29-2013 06:39 PM)globe94 Wrote:  * then try other builds Smile

* looks like build 765 is crashing..

I'm using build 735 atm, but yeah I'll try downloading a newer one and see if that fixes it.

I'll be doing that a bit later, and I'll post reply whether it's working or not once I do.

Downloaded latest git version, still same issue. Took Armor King this time, beat stage 3 in story mode and then emulator crashed before I got to stage 4.
11-30-2013, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 10:36 AM by ChrisHateZ.)
I made a save in stage 3 of story mode with Armor King on save slot 2. Anyone willing to try it and see will the game crash for them once they beat the guy there?
The game always crashes once I defeat stage 3.

That way I'd know if the problem is in my PC/emulator or the game itself.

http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/79300642/file.html

EDIT: Just read throught the older posts in this thread and Iv'e seen few other people complaining about the very same issue. They also had the story mode crash with Armor King after stage 3 as well as with few other characters. So I guess that's the emulator fault after all.