Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
New way to report game and compatibility
08-25-2013, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 12:02 AM by cloud1250000.)
New way to report game and compatibility
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...1#pid63391

Been a while since I think about it... I don't think keeping a forum like this is the best way to let people know about compatibility and such things..

So here's my concept for a compatibility/report page.

(01-04-1970 06:44 PM)cloud1250000 Wrote:what about a custom site for compatibility list.. with option to open a thread on the forum when no thread is found.. The app could also retrieve current review for the game and return best configuration (from those who reported the game working and in which state it was working)
(12-31-1969 11:00 PM)cloud1250000 Wrote:But the point is to let other people report for us ahah .. like with the forum but with an easy to fill form... And then the website will automatically generate the game compatibility page with all the different report for each version of ppsspp... The website could also automatically create a discussion thread on the forum for those who'd like to.talk about the game or give more detail about the game's problem.

That way, it would be the most easiest way to give a nice compatibility list... To be sure about the validity of the report, ppsspp could provide a token when you first launch the.emulator. With a quick logging system, we could register all the games played be this specific token in a database. And then request the user to fill the token in the form to check if he really tried it.

The form could allow them to give a class to the game (perfect, playable, in-game...) , also let them commenting about why only playable... And of course, ask them to give information about the configuration used and the device used while testing

For more discussion, there will always be a thread on the forum. The thread will be named with the GameId and the playability state. That way, we can avoid problem about which was the game region Smile

So, I would like to get your opinion toward such a system Smile and I'm pretty sure there's many way and possibility to improve this concept.

Ps. I'm quoting myself from a private chat Wink

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2013, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2013 08:47 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
RE: New way to report game and compatibility
I made an simple HTML just as example, but I can't upload it. My page have: Info about the game, Compatibility (Perfect, Playable, Ingame, Menu/Intro, Blackscreen), Issues, Requeriments and the speed that run with the requeriments, Settings. I made an page about PES 2013. We could create differents settings configurations, and put an name or number, and in game page, we put the name/number of settings that works, or just if need of an specific option.

On Android, some devices not will run well, then we put an requeriment for run in a good speed.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
Find all posts by this user
08-25-2013, 09:02 PM
well, from what I think, the main page would allow to post report and compatibility but will also have a list (like a table) displaying the most recent state (playable, perfect///) for both windows , android and other popular plateform. When selecting a game, we display all the report from playable one to useless one. (by system difference and ppsspp version)

And, maybe, reporter can also add a video of the game ?

When first report, we can ask them if they want to register or to link their token (from ppsspp) to their forum account and use this one as report account.

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Computer--
08-25-2013, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2013 09:40 PM by Gurlok.)
Wouldn't be a wiki (like the pcsx2 or dolphin ones) simpler?

EDIT: My bad, I forgot the report part Tongue

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-25-2013, 11:01 PM
I think it would take too much time to make a wiki... with a report site like this we could easily handle many platform, many suggested configuration depending on the user device and everyone could contribute quickly Smile

--Current Computer--
08-26-2013, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 12:43 AM by stodag.)
Would defo stop confusion etc.. We do need seperate threads for different OS's.
Am lookin forward to see if this idea becomes a realitySmile

S TO DA G
08-26-2013, 01:18 AM
The more people like this idea.. the more chance it becomes a reality. Smile

--Current Computer--
08-26-2013, 03:23 AM
I also like your idea Tongue
Looking forward for this, i wonder what Henrik think about this Smile

● If you report (or happen to find any) game/mini/demo that's still not on the compatibility list yet even after 48 hours, you can PM me the link!
● Sorry for my bad english, I'm Indonesian.
08-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Maybe add screenshot (for proof! and video is great too but how about people has slow net) or game is main picture i perfect that Big Grin

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
08-26-2013, 07:56 AM
(08-25-2013 09:02 PM)cloud1250000 Wrote:  well, from what I think, the main page would allow to post report and compatibility but will also have a list (like a table) displaying the most recent state (playable, perfect///) for both windows , android and other popular plateform. When selecting a game, we display all the report from playable one to useless one. (by system difference and ppsspp version)

And, maybe, reporter can also add a video of the game ?

When first report, we can ask them if they want to register or to link their token (from ppsspp) to their forum account and use this one as report account.
I don't quite get my head around how this would work / Look like, is there any chance of a screen shot of a dummy screen of how it would look even if its drawn on Paper please. Huh
08-26-2013, 09:50 AM
on your road.if it benefit user and easy them why notBig Grin

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
08-26-2013, 10:02 AM
(08-26-2013 09:25 AM)mccainmx Wrote:  For me i think there no need an other forum to do this or wiki or some sort of that but i also agree that it needs a little more specification about posting/reporting things like in compatibility sections.

Playable- this means the game boot up and actually you can play games in full speed.
But sometimes it boot up but the game are very slow and yet this thread are in Playable section.

Why if we add some more category other than Playable like Fully Playable this means all the fully playabled games are in there (atleast for win and android) what you think?
One drawback with that suggestion would be the fact that games that run full speed for say me, on my setup on Windows, may well run perfectly for me, but other Windows users may not have as powerful rig, resulting in same game / same version running as Playable / Not full speed.

That why keep it as it is........
08-26-2013, 10:18 AM
But the reporter give information about his device too... Oh well, it seems like it's pretty hard to get a touch of it without screenshot...

--Current Computer--
08-26-2013, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 10:57 AM by aki21.)

also 100% perfect playable to the end without glicth,problem,bug,crash,compatible is quite hard anyways,absolutely need someone to play the games to the end,and not sure if it okay today and break tomorrow.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
08-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Mc, I'm not doing a new forum or anything, it's not like a simple new subsection too, the new perfect section doesn't have anything to do with me. (Well except I'm a mods)

--Current Computer--