Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newer versions BRICK my device
08-07-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Newer versions BRICK my device
(08-06-2013 05:37 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  You use Buffer Rendering? It crashes the emulator on low GPUs. Many people has this problem, some solve disabling the Buffer Rendering.

duh,it got a brick,not a crash!Assume that ur PSP got bricked 4 sum stupid CFW installer,its just like that.10x worse than a crash.but,sadly androids dont have pandora...

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2013, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 03:49 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
I thought that start the game with Buffer Rendering also could brick the device.
Others people says that changing the ROM (Android) for an Custom ROM, the problem not will happen again. But you need discover what ROM not brick. It worked on Galaxy Y.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
08-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Yes, when I tested on 0.8.1 I has Buffer Rendering on (don't remember when I was on 0.6.X) but I'm lazy to unbrick, flash the default rom, flash the custom rom and set everything again...

What rom are you using on your Galaxy Young? and could you please post the threads where's the people with the same device and the same problem? I searched on Google but find nothing, I just want match coincidences,

PS: I ask you for the rom you're using since Galaxy Y and Galaxy Ace i, c, m models have almost the same roms ported because of the same hardware.

Thanks everybody for the responses,
08-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Sorry, but I not have an Galaxy Y. I mean that a guy said me that he found an ROM that not brick. You will not found easy, you need test. I think his custom ROM is brazilian, so, you will not found just searching in Google if you are from other country.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
08-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks Guilherme, finally I got some balls and give another try... Buffered Rendering disabled and no more bricks Smile
08-12-2013, 06:10 PM
This is just bizarre, PPSSPP isn't doing anything weird at all, just creating renderbuffers. These GPU drivers have to be seriously faulty.
08-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Maybe due to low ram... shouldn't cause a brick though, just a usual force close.

S TO DA G
08-13-2013, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 06:57 AM by hardem.)
Broadcom is close source (not for rasperry pi but for us ¬¬) and we had and have lots of problems with GPU drivers (Galaxy Ace i, c, m, Galaxy Young, etc...)

some time ago they finally released the first test egl binary but it was really buggy: http://madteam.co/forum/general-77/(dev'.../#msg76394

Broadcom didn't say anything else since then, and now our CM developer ported Alcatel drivers to make it works properly with CM since the test binary Broadcom provided had lots of glitches and reboots... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2080065

I must remember with buffered rendering disabled PPSSPP works great on this device! but is there anything we can do about drivers? any specific test or more petitions to Bcm?
08-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Hm. Possibly I should just detect older Broadcom GPUs and remove the render mode option on those. Need to find out what vendor string they have though. I'm going to add an option to display some info about the GPU soon, and hope you guys will report what you see Smile
08-13-2013, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 07:00 AM by hardem.)
Thanks Henrik, here is some info if you need, the link to the chip is on the first post, here is the devices with the same cpu and gpu:

Galaxy Ace s5830i, s5839i, s5830c and s5830m.
Galaxy Y s5360
Galaxy Mini i s5570
Galaxy Pocket s5300
Galaxy Grand Duos I9082
Alcatel TCT V860

and also there are other devices like Nokia 808 PureView with same gpu (Broadcom Videocore IV) but not the same CPU.

And here some tests, sorry if I should post it in the respective game thread... but since "normal" or high devices works great maybe this device is "special" ? Angel

Burnot Legends --> work intros and then black screen and crash.

GTA Liberty City Stories --> work intros and then where should be a loading screen this happens:

[Image: iGwvupN.png]

I always get the same screen, exactly the same with Vice City Stories and some other games.

after a while I press start button and bring me to the pause menu (here I'm not so lucky with Vice City Stories):

[Image: Qru1NtO.png]

now press start and here we go Big Grin

[Image: sLLQjer.png]

[Image: KDzyPHh.png]

[Image: Wz5lUEC.png] (some glitches maybe because of JIT?)

[Image: UgB7DCJ.png]

slow as hell but hey... now I have GTA running on my crappy device thanks to PPSSPP Big Grin

- Sadly I can't use frameskip, it always crash.

- Sound not yet tested (not a priority)

- I have enabled compatibility Server Reports and debug logging, but not sure if its enough, should I do something else?

- One more thing, when I press > get a nice boost (not sure how it works)

[Image: ttovm09.png]

[Image: 8xVR3OH.png]

And here some additional info if it helps

[Image: bdVvoZ9.png]

[Image: 211bhvC.png]

[Image: 0zxMoRp.png]

If you need to test any specific game to see how this stupid Broadcom VideoCoreIV GPU react just say, cheers.
08-13-2013, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 06:51 AM by hardem.)
read frame buffer to memory (CPU) and (GPU): intro screens works fine, and then corrupt image and crash, but not brick Big Grin

[Image: o9q2bo.png] (this appear where the green screen I posted before with non-buffered rendering)

Also there is a limit resizing the gamepad that I think could be nice if it let you do it a bit smaller, for tablets or bigger phones maybe its ok but for little devices like this maybe is a great option (transparency is ok for me) Tongue

And again, if you need to see how this GPU react with any specific game or settings just say.

EDIT: Tested Crash Tag Team Racing and EVERYTHING is fine, just frameskip give me a black screen (in the background the game still running) and when I disable it the game come back, don't know if this problem with frameskip is because of my crappy device or its normal.

EDIT2: I had some random green screen with Crash Tag Team (http://i.imgur.com/iGwvupN.png) but pressing menu and come back and everything is fine again Smile
08-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Broadcom just shows Broadcom. See here:

https://github.com/unknownbrackets/ppssp...Statistics

-[Unknown]
08-14-2013, 02:23 AM
16 cpu core *-*

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2013, 06:38 PM
(08-13-2013 08:59 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Broadcom just shows Broadcom. See here:

https://github.com/unknownbrackets/ppssp...Statistics

-[Unknown]

This Broadcom chip makes me sick... then what can I do for help?

(08-14-2013 02:23 AM)cloud1250000 Wrote:  16 cpu core *-*
What Huh

PS: Sorry for being so noobish...
08-15-2013, 04:27 PM
well I'm offtopic ahah I was looking at the stats page and someone has a 16 core cpu ahah

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user