Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
10-14-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
Well however PPSSPP has fullscreen implemented, it's not like any other "true" borderless fullscreen windowed application, PPSSPP is the only one I've witnessed that does this blinking. Infact there are many 3rd party programs/AHK scripts that will force windowed apps into a borderless fullscreen, I can do this with PPSSPP and no blinking when it's forced into borderless fullscreen windowed mode.

Obviously this way sucks though because I don't want to have to rely on 3rd party programs to do this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2015, 04:27 PM
I think this GitHub issue is related, isn't it ?

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-14-2015, 04:58 PM
(10-14-2015 04:27 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  I think this GitHub issue is related, isn't it ?

If I'm reading that issue right that's basically the total opposite of what I'm after. Fullscreen like that would probably make my monitors blackout each time as I alt-tab between things. Do not want!
10-14-2015, 06:33 PM
(10-14-2015 04:07 PM)Special Wrote:  Well however PPSSPP has fullscreen implemented, it's not like any other "true" borderless fullscreen windowed application, PPSSPP is the only one I've witnessed that does this blinking. Infact there are many 3rd party programs/AHK scripts that will force windowed apps into a borderless fullscreen, I can do this with PPSSPP and no blinking when it's forced into borderless fullscreen windowed mode.

Obviously this way sucks though because I don't want to have to rely on 3rd party programs to do this.

I don't what to tell you man. Feel free to play with the window flags in the actual source-code and tell us which one is responsible for the blinking. They're set here: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/blob/...#L324-L327
10-16-2015, 11:51 AM
- Option for lower texture res (half-size and quarter-size
- Option to change the button press effect (they are soo huuuge when pressed!!!
- Option to limit the speed hack (for example to 150%)
10-19-2015, 02:09 AM
- option to use stretch to display and small display together like and ios ver.
- option for custom screen resize
10-19-2015, 04:30 AM
@truetear I have no clue what's on ios, but if you need to scale or position the display ~ for example to better fit it with touch controls ~ that would not depend on some platform specific features, then might be your lucky day since literally this weekend I made this.
Just have to wait until it get's merged, a week or two maybe.;3

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Feature request: Setting different backend modes for each games without having to restart PPSSPP everytime we change backend mode.
Is it possible?
10-20-2015, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2015 04:03 AM by Goshorai.)
what about more resolution multipliers and/or custom resolutions?. I bet those with a 4k monitors would like to play at 8k. Also the ability to take "full size screenshots", like, screenshots the size of the rendering resolution instead of the screen resolution.

And MSAA but I guess a lot of people have already asked for that Tongue
10-22-2015, 03:45 PM
(10-20-2015 03:47 AM)Goshorai Wrote:  And MSAA but I guess a lot of people have already asked for that Tongue

What's the difference from FXAA to MSAA?

Why do you need MSAA if you have FXAA?
10-22-2015, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2015 05:45 PM by fivefeet8.)
(10-22-2015 03:45 PM)noomkrad Wrote:  What's the difference from FXAA to MSAA?

Why do you need MSAA if you have FXAA?

FXAA is a post process filter done in software or shaders. MSAA is done in GPU hardware back-ends or ROP hardware during processing of the scene.

FXAA Advantages/Disadvantages:
Can also filter alpha textures
Less resource intensive
Causes texture blurring
Can be applied to all forms of rendering

MSAA Advantages/Disadvantages
Does not filter alpha textures
More resource hungry for memory/pixel bandwidth
Does not blur textures
Does not work on some forms of rendering
11-12-2015, 01:23 AM
Would it be possible to make the screenshot key bindable via button configuration?
11-15-2015, 02:32 PM
change PPSSPP background on android
Is it ok if you guys add change ppsspp background for android just like on PC ???
It will be awsome please add it option I think it is easy for you guys right ? You guys are awsome !!!
(Sorry for bad english)
11-15-2015, 04:19 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-17-2015, 10:52 PM
Feature request - Automatic settings for netplay
I've been messing around with the netplay and in doing so I've been seeing a lot of threads/pages saying to change this setting or that setting (settings not in the networking section, e.g. frameskip). If a handful of settings should be set a particular way in order for netplay to work correctly, these settings should be set automatically when "enable networking/WLAN" is checked. Also, if there are any settings dependent on latency, it'd be nice if devices could ping each other and set these automatically as well. Netplay (for all emulators, not just PPSSPP) can be a major headache when trying to do anything but play with someone in the same room, anything that can be done to make the process easier and more reliable would be great.