Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
WipEout Pulse
04-22-2013, 07:40 PM
RE: Wipeout Pulse
Hi Henrik! Thank you very much for your efforts and hard work over emlyatorom! I have a question.
On Mali Gpu(Galaxy Note 2) game crashes everytime (buffered rendering off, frameskip on) i play one lap or one races, game freeze and crash((( Last stable work version ppsspp-v0.6-1130-gb770ba7-android. In what could be the problem? can this be fixed in future versions of the emulator? This happens only on Mali GPU or others too?
Sorry my english no good, and i use google translator/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Woops. It turns out I had to decrypt the files first. Doing so works just fine and I can use the content (other than for one file that refuses to be recognised by the decrypting program, but that's another story).

Sorry for that!
04-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Problems with textures on a flying ship, and sometimes on the road in the game (they are blinking erratically as black squares) The value of version v.0.7.5-273 build for android and all next. Last work version v.0.7.5-272 all the textures well. (phone Samsung Galaxy Note 2)
and problems with departures at buffered rendering is OFF, of which I wrote above is also present in the latest builds.
Sory my english bad and I use google translit.
04-27-2013, 02:18 PM
I have white textures in game (all white) on adreno 320, HTC one, also I have to quickly press "start" button to skip intro, otherwise wise it stuck on a white screen. V.0.7.8[/i]
04-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Thank you Henrik. The latest builds game don't crashed and no freeze for me!!!
05-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Game crashes when loading save data (I think).
Problems start from approx build v0.7.6-384.
06-03-2013, 01:45 PM
The BGMs stutters like crazy on v0.7.6-1073-gdd85a7b, while the gameplay itself is very smooth.
08-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Both Pulse and Pure have this white - cover so called screen in the latest version of PPSSPP, i dont think its my laptop performance as it runs Dissdia and KHBBSFM with 60FPS at 5x scaling. Perhaps it broke in the latest version?
08-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Switch to non-buffered rendering as a workaround for the white glow until we can fix it.
10-30-2013, 02:17 AM
RE: WipEout Pulse
Another WipEout (Pulse) issue: using the latest svn (v0.9.1-2279-g122f19a) on Windows x64, and first becoming a real problem soon after 0.9.1, my save game file becomes corrupted after playing on it.

Every backup I have works without issue initially, but as soon as that file is autosaved on after a race, and after I quit the game and later reopen Pulse in PPSSPP, when loading the game data PPSSPP crashes to desktop or Windows says it has stopped working. From that point on that game data will never work again, and you will need to use a backup or start over. This used to happen when changing settings a bit - it seemed to cause a problem when loading which would make the files corrupt - but now it reliably happens every time I've done this for a number of versions now. I just tried it on a new save file, and the error did not happen in that instance. However, I've heard of other people having the issue as well; and there has always been a "hitch" during loading that doesn't happen in other games.

I'm inclined to think there's a bug at work.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'm getting nasty frame drops when I don't think I should still Sad
10-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Do you think you could try to figure out about which revision the problem started at?
10-31-2013, 05:49 AM
Can try narrow it down. Where can I find svn's more than a couple of days old? The problem exists on all the versions I have.
10-31-2013, 06:56 AM
There's git builds here going back a decent ways:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

-[Unknown]
11-03-2013, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 02:49 AM by chroma.)
Pretty sure the save "corruption" is actually due to save encryption being enabled.

The issue kept on occurring on about 6 different versions I tried, so I looked at the ppsspp.ini file I was copy/pasting to look at settings that could do it, and as soon as I set encryptsave to false, it's working again.

I should have thought of this sooner as I noticed issues with it a long time ago, but completely forgot as I hadn't had it since then and I'm pretty sure that used to be an option in-program but no longer is? But yeah the case IIRC a while ago was that in this game at least, encryption was enabled when I first started using the program, and then every time I updated to a new version, Pulse's saves would be unusable and I'd have to start again, so I turned that off to see if it would work, and yeah, as long as it's kept off, it works.

What's the point of encrypting the save files, anyway?
11-03-2013, 02:47 PM
So that it can be loaded on the real PSP.